Background and activities
Annemie Wyckmans is professor and leads NTNU Smart Sustainable Cities at NTNU Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Architecture and Design.
Her main goal is to promote smart sustainable cities, through research, innovation and education. She leads several cooperation projects with public and private sector in Norway, EU and China.
Annemie is Project Coordinator of the smart city lighthouse project +CityxChange, programne coordinator of the EERA Joint Programne on Smart Cities, leader of the Horizon Europe Norwegian Urban Partnership and of the URBAN-NORWAY-CHINA Innovation Platform on Sustainable Urbanization.
The projects developed by Annemie and her team, are based on the principles “Experts in Team”: out of the lab, into the city, with experimentation and quadruple helix cooperation. All current projects include open urban innovation, together with cities and industry stakeholders, and including citizen engagement.
She has an MSc in Architectural Engineering from the Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium, a PhD in Building Technology and a postdoctoral degree on education for environment-friendly architecture from NTNU.
In 2010 she initiated the international interdisciplinary MSc programme in Sustainable Architecture at NTNU, and has led an interdisciplinary Experts in Team course in Sustainable Architecture at NTNU 2006-2013. Wyckmans has systematically used her training as facilitator in Experts in Team, to develop and lead cooperation projects with public and private sector (triple helix).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Co-Creation of Positive Energy Blocks. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 352 (1).
- (2018) Intermediaries for knowledge transfer in integrated energy planning of urban districts. Technology Forecasting and Social Change.
- (2017) Supporting Municipal Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emission Inventories Using Business Process Modeling: A Case Study of Trondheim Municipality. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 281.
- (2017) Sustainable Energy in Cities: Methodology and Results of a Summer Course Providing Smart Solutions for a New District in Shanghai. Energy Procedia. vol. 111.
- (2015) Dwelling renovation and spatial quality: The impact of the dwelling renovation on spatial quality determinants. International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment. vol. 4 (1).
- (2015) The Impact of Dwelling Renovation on Spatial Quality - The Case of the Arlequin Neighbourhood in Grenoble, France. Smart and Sustainable Built Environment. vol. 4 (3).
- (2014) Spatial Quality Determinants for Residential Building Renovation: A Methodological Approach to the Development of Spatial Quality Assessment. International Journal of Sustainable Building Technology and Urban Development. vol. 5 (3).
- (2014) Considering Resilience: Steps Towards an Assessment Framework. Tema. Journal of Land Use, Mobility and Environment. vol. 7 (1).
- (2014) Barriers and challenges in nZEB Projects in Sweden and Norway. Energy Procedia. vol. 58.
- (2013) Comparison of Residential Energy Consumption in Different Geographical Areas and Relevance for Environmental Policy. Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture. vol. 7 (6).
- (2013) Integrated Energy Design - Education and Training in Cross-disciplinary Teams Implementing Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD). Building and Environment. vol. 72 (Feb).
- (2012) Integrated energy design - the architectural approach. Technoport 2012 : Sharing possibilities. RERC2012 : Renewable energy research conference.
- (2011) Master programme in Sustainable Architecture: Towards a zero emission built environment – lessons learnt from the first year of teaching. RIL. Suomen Rakennusinsinöörien Liitto. vol. SB11 Proceedings (Vol. 2).
- (2011) Environmental Learning from the Ivory Tower to the Town Square: The Case of Trondheim, Norway. Local Sustainability. vol. 1.
- (2011) Industry- and Research-driven Education in Sustainable Architecture: Transitioning Towards a Professional M.Sc. Programme on Zero Emission Built Environments. International Journal of Sustainable Building Technology and Urban Development. vol. 2 (4).
- (2008) Environmental learning in architecture. From individual choice to collective responsibility. Nordisk arkitekturforskning. vol. 20 (3).
- (2006) Intelligente fasader - Arkitektonisk konsept & anvendelse mht. dagslyskvalitet. Byggekunst. vol. 02.
- (2016) MSc programme in Sustainable Architecture at NTNU. 2016. ISBN 9781899895212.
- (2014) Understanding Cities: Advances in Integrated Assessment of Urban Sustainability. 2014. ISBN 978-0-9928437-0-0.
- (2014) Utopia Revisited. Towards a Carbon-Neutral Neighborhood at Brøset. Fagbokforlaget. 2014. ISBN 978-82-450-1725-0.