The Lars Onsager Professorship
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology sponsors the annual Lars Onsager Professorship. The recipient is to spend 3–6 months at NTNU to collaborate with scientists here.
Present and previous Onsager professors are:
- 2017 Jian-Min Zuo, Materials Science and Engineering at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- 2016 Jan Vermant, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- 2015 Matthias Eschrig, Royal Holloway, University of London
- 2014 Xiang-Yu Zhou, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- 2013 Reinout Quispel, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
- 2012 Richard Spontak, Department of Materials Science & Engineering, and Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, North Carolina State University
- 2011 George W. Scherer, W. L. Knapp Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Princeton University
- 2010 Elisabeth Bouchaud, Head of the Divison of Physics and Chemistry of Surfaces and Interfaces at CEA-SACLAY, Gif-Sur-Yvette, France (physics)
- 2009 Gerrit Ernst-Wilhelm Bauer, Kavli Institute of NanoScience, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands (physics)
- 2008 Peter S. Riseborough, Department of Physics, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA (physics)
- 2007 Matthieu H. Ernst, Institute for Theoretical Physics Universiteit Utrecht, The Netherlands (physics)
- 2006 John R. Klauder, Departments of Physics and Mathematics, University of Florida (physics and mathematics)
- 2005 Alexander Volberg, Michigan State University (mathematics)
- 2004 George Batrouni, University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, France (physics)
- 2003 Miguel Rubí Capaceti, Facultat de Fisica, Departament Fisica Fonamental, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain. (chemistry)
- 2002 John S. Newman, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California (chemical engineering).
- 2001 D. A. Brant, University of Californa, Irvine (chemistry)
- 2000 V. Havin, St. Petersburg (mathematics).
- 1999 A. Iserles, University of Cambridge (mathematics)
- 1998 V. S. Varadarajan, University of California, Los Angeles (mathematics)
- 1997 D. Bedeaux, Leiden University (physical chemistry)
- 1996 J. M. J. van Leeuwen, Leiden University (statistical physics)
- 1995 F. W. Gehring, University of Michigan (mathematics)
- 1994 V. B. Lazarev, The Kurnakov institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry, Moscow (chemistry)
- 1993 G. Stell, SUNY, Stony Brook (statistical physics)
Regulations for the Lars Onsager Professorship (in Norwegian).