Background and activities
Arne Brataas received his Ph.D. in physics from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in 1997. He is the director of the Center of Excellence QuSpin (https://www.ntnu.edu/quspin). He has been a postdoctoral fellow at TU Delft (1997-1999) and Harvard University (1999-2002) and, since 2002, professor at his alma mater. He is chairman of the Kavli Prize committee in Nanoscience and a recipient of the 2015 ERC Advanced Grant. His main interest are the theory of spin transport and dynamics in insulating and conducting nanostructured materials.
Research Council of Norway, Center Director, Senter for Fremragende Forskning (SFF), Center for Quantum Spintronics
HORIZON2020 European Research Council Advanced Grant, Insulatronics
HORIZON2020 Future and Emerging Technologies, TRANSPIRE
Research Council of Norway, FRINATEK 2015-2019, Super Insulator Spintronics
QuSpin members directly supervised:
Post-docs: Dr. Alireza Quaiumzadeh, Dr. Roberto Troncoso, and Dr. Rui Wui
Ph.D. students: Therese Frostad, Sverre Gulbrandsen, Øyvind Johansen, Martin Fonnum Jakobsen, Haakon Thømt Simensen, and Andreas Tiedemann Glaser Janssønn
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Anisotropic and controllable Gilbert-Bloch dissipation in spin valves. Physical Review Letters. vol. 122.
- (2019) Ultrafast generation and dynamics of isolated skyrmions in antiferromagnetic insulators. Physical Review B. vol. 99 (5).
- (2019) Curren-driven skyrmion depinning in magnetic granular films. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 99.
- (2019) Magnon-polarons in cubic collinear antiferromagnets. Physical Review B. vol. 99 (6).
- (2019) Chiral Phonon Transport Induced by Topological Magnons. Physical Review Letters. vol. 122 (107201).
- (2019) Universal Scaling Theory of the Boundary Geometric Tensor in Disordered Metals. Physical Review Letters. vol. 122.
- (2018) Asymmetric and Symmetric Exchange in a Generalized 2D Rashba Ferromagnet. Physical Review Letters. vol. 121 (8).
- (2018) Antiferromagnetic spin textures and dynamics. Nature Physics. vol. 14 (3).
- (2018) Spin transfer and spin pumping in disordered normal metal-antiferromagnetic insulator systems. Physical Review B. vol. 97.
- (2018) Nonlocal Coupling between Antiferromagnets and Ferromagnets in Cavities. Physical Review Letters. vol. 121 (8).
- (2018) Spin-transfer antiferromagnetic resonance. Physical Review B. vol. 97 (5).
- (2018) Gilbert damping phenomenology for two-sublattice magnets. Physical Review B. vol. 98 (18).
- (2018) Tunable long-distance spin transport in a crystalline antiferromagnetic iron oxide. Nature. vol. 561 (7722).
- (2018) Spin relaxation in multilayers with synthetic ferrimagnets. Physical Review B. vol. 98 (14).
- (2018) Theory of the Interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction in Rashba Antiferromagnets. Physical Review Letters. vol. 120 (19).
- (2018) Quantum magnetization fluctuations via spin shot noise. Physical Review B. vol. 98 (22).
- (2018) Controlling chiral domain walls in antiferromagnets using spin-wave helicity. Physical Review B. vol. 97 (2).
- (2018) Superconductivity induced by interfacial coupling to magnons. Physical Review B. vol. 97 (11).
- (2018) Bulk and edge spin transport in topological magnon insulators. Physical Review B. vol. 97.
- (2017) Enhanced Spin Conductance of a Thin-Film Insulating Antiferromagnet. Physical Review Letters. vol. 119 (5).