Welcome to NFTS
The Norwegian Society of Thermal Turbomachinery (NFTS) was established 17 January 1995. The objective of the association is to be an independent technical forum that contributes to increase the knowledge of design and use of thermal turbomachinery.
Members of the association are industrial enterprises, oil and gas companies, suppliers, engineering companies, educational and research institutions as well as individuals working in the field of gas and steam turbines, turbo-compressors, turbo-expanders, multiphase machinery and wind turbines.
The society shall contribute to:
- Promoting competence in the design and use of thermal turbomachinery
- Exchanging experience and know-how between the members
- Participating in national and international standardisation work
- Coordinating comments on new regulations and standards within the field of interest
- Technology development in specific areas to meet the needs of users
- Ensuring that the subject area of thermal turbomachinery receives appropriate emphasis at technical colleges and universities
The secretariat functions of the society are located at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim:
Department of Energy and Process Engineering
Address: K. Hejes vei 1A, 7491 Trondheim
Telephone: +73 59 27 00, Telefax: +47 73 59 83 90