Norway's Documentary Heritage - Special collections - UB
nyweb - special-collections - documentary-heritage
Norway's documentary heritage
On behalf of UNESCO’s Memory of the World Register, the Norwegian Council for Cultural Affairs has compiled a register of Norway’s documentary heritage.
Norway’s documentary heritage is a list of the documents that are especially important for our society to protect, because of the visibility provided for unique and irreplaceable documents that represent our common memory.
Our six documents, stored at the Gunnerus Library and the Dora Library, represent important events in Norwegian history. We are proud that these six are inscribed in the national list. The Memory of the World programme aims to help protect important Norwegian documentary heritage and make it available.
- The original manuscript of the anthem Ja, vi elsker [Yes, we love] by Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson
- Archives from the Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters 1760-1860
- Drafts of the Constitution by C.M. Falsen and G. Adler and by Nicolai Wergeland
- The personal archives of the architect and city planner Sverre Pedersen
- Missale Nidrosiense
- The Norwegian Committee on Concrete in Seawater
libraries - dora - contactbox
The Dora Library
Postal address: NTNU Universitetsbiblioteket, Dorabiblioteket, Postboks 8900, 7491 Trondheim
NB! The library is open from Thuesday 18. August.
Follow the library on social media: