Research - NTNU Energy Transition Initiative
About Research (banner)
Our research objective is to explore different alternatives for the future energy mix and corresponding transition pathways that may lead us to a low carbon society.
To fulfill this ambition the aim is to secure more project funding, which could release an additional public finance, contributing to a significant research portfolio in the coming years.
We has gradually grown by incorporating a network of world class experts and attracting significant funding for very important research topics.
The figure shows some of the areas that currently are central in the multidisciplinary approach of NETI, including:
- Energy policy scenarios
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Human behavior/consumer research
- Energy storage, distribution and technology development
- Energy markets and business models
- Sustainability/climate research
The following policy briefs have been developed and published:
- Norway’s role as a flexibility provider in a renewable Europe
- Decarbonization of transport
- Hydrogen in the future low carbon society
- The role of prosumers in the energy system