NTNU Energy Transition is established in order to build a world leading research programme focused on strategies for the transition to a future sustainable energy system. Our research objective is to explore different alternatives for the future energy mix and corresponding transition pathways that may lead us to a low carbon society.
- Focus on excellent Research and Education linked to energy transition strategies
- Establish a multidisciplinary International network
- Involve partners from industry and government
Energy Transition Pre-seed funding – support for your energy-related idea!
Are you a student or a PhD-candidate who has an idea you would like to pursue. You can apply for innovation funding from NTNU Energy Transition and Equinor. Your energy related idea can be given between 50.000 - 150.000 NOK. Read more about the applcation and criterias here.
NTNU is involved in several long-term centres of excellence within the energy field, funded by the Norwegian Research Council´s program as Centres for Environmentally Friendly Energy (FME).
- Energy policy and long term scenarios
- Innovation and etrepreneurship
- Sustainability and climate
- Energy markets: Design and operation of energy markets
- Human behaviour
- Energy systems: System integration, storage, technology