NTNU Energy Transition Initiative
NTNU Energy Transition is established in order to build a world leading research programme focused on strategies for the transition to a future sustainable energy system. Our research objective is to explore different alternatives for the future energy mix and corresponding transition pathways that may lead us to a low carbon society.
- Focus on excellent Research and Education linked to energy transition strategies
- Establish a multidisciplinary International network
- Involve partners from industry and government
NTNU is involved in several long-term centres of excellence within the energy field, funded by the Norwegian Research Council´s program as Centres for Environmentally Friendly Energy (FME).
- Energy policy and long term scenarios
- Innovation and etrepreneurship
- Sustainability and climate
- Energy markets: Design and operation of energy markets
- Human behaviour
- Energy systems: System integration, storage, technology
Energy Transition Week
The Energy Transition Week is arranged every March in conjunction with the confernece. THere is workshops and other events every day.