About us - Energy Transition Initiative
NTNU Energy Transition Initiative
NTNU Energy Transition Initiative is established to deliver world leading research on energy transition strategies to achieve the Paris ambitions in an efficient and realistic way.
The Initiative shall give knowledge-based advice to corporate and governmental decision makers on how to transform the energy system to support transition to a sustainable society.
We have gradually grown by incorporating a network of world class experts and attracting significant funding for very important research topics, including:
- Technological solutions and innovations
- Energy system optimization and scenario studies
- Economics and market design
- Framework and policy analysis
- Sustainable transition
- Human behavior and choice
- A team of world leading experts (International Chairs) have been recruited
- Collaboration with leading research environments are established
- A yearly conference on Energy Transition is established
- A series of workshops with leading experts from academia, research and industry addressing specific topics are held every 6 months
- The initiative has attracted more industry partners and developed the organization
- A research portfolio addressing key challenges are in development
- The following policy briefs have been developed and published:
- Norway’s role as a flexibility provider in a renewable Europe
- Decarbonization of transport
- Hydrogen in the future low carbon society
- The role of prosumers in the energy system
In the next couple of years:
- Increase visibility and branding of Energy Transition Initiative
- Develop a stronger partnership with key research institutes and corporations
- Deliver policy briefs on key topics and use these to influence policymakers and decision makers in Norway and EU
- Develop a strong research and teaching team and gradually expand the Energy Transition research portfolio toward a +70 MNOK/year portfolio
- Establish incubator/seed fund to bring forward innovations in the energy transition space
Dialogue for the future
Dialogue for the future
A key communication channel and arena for dialogue and dissemination are NETI´s workshops and conference.
The Energy Transition Week and Conference are organized once a year, attracting more than 1.000 attendees and dozens of national and international experts on energy and sustainability.
Researchers and students with ambitions to create new business idea based on the energy transition are welcome to apply for seed funding. More information will be provided.