Anders Hammer Strømman
Background and activities
Anders Hammer Strømman is a Professor with the Industrial Ecology Programme at NTNU. He conducts research spanning multiple sectors and environmental issues through application and development of life cycle assessment and multi regional input-output analysis methods.
In 2011 Professor Strømman received the Laudise medal in Industrial Ecology in recognition of his work. He is currently serving as a lead author to the working group three of the sixth assessment report of the IPCC. On a daily basis he teaches graduate courses in Life Cycle Assessment and Environmental input-output analysis for the students of the Industrial Ecology and Energy & Environment study programs at NTNU.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Opportunities for the state-of-the-art production of LIB Electrodes – A review. Energies. vol. 14 (5).
- (2021) Life cycle assessment of fuel cell systems for light duty vehicles, current state-of-the-art and future impacts. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 280 (2).
- (2021) A Flexible Model for Benchmarking the Energy Usage of Automotive Lithium-Ion Battery Cell Manufacturing. Batteries. vol. 7 (1).
- (2020) Lifting the veil on the correction of double counting incidents in hybrid life cycle assessment. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 24 (3).
- (2020) Hybridization of complete PLCA and MRIO databases for a comprehensive product system coverage. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 24 (4).
- (2020) A life-cycle assessment model for zero emission neighborhoods. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 24 (3).
- (2020) Study of an Industrial Electrode Dryer of a Lithium-Ion Battery Manufacturing Plant: Dynamic Modelling. Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings. vol. 176.
- (2019) Assessment of lignocellulosic biorefineries in Germany using a hybrid LCA multi‐objective optimization model. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 23 (5).
- (2019) Comparative Life Cycle Assessment of a Novel Al-Ion and a Li-Ion Battery for Stationary Applications. Materials. vol. 12 (19).
- (2018) Cooling aerosols and changes in albedo counteract warming from CO2 and black carbon from forest bioenergy in Norway. Scientific Reports. vol. 8.
- (2018) Quantifying the climate response to extreme land cover changes in Europe with a regional model. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 13 (7).
- (2018) Climate impacts of retention forestry in a Swedish boreal pine forest. Journal of Land Use Science. vol. 13 (3).
- (2018) From Remotely-Sensed Data of Norwegian Boreal Forests to Fast and Flexible Models for Estimating Surface Albedo. Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems. vol. 10 (10).
- (2018) Choice of Allocations and Constructs for Attributional or Consequential Life Cycle Assessment and Input-Output Analysis. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 22 (4).
- (2017) Environmental impacts along intensity gradients in Norwegian dairy production as evaluated by life cycle assessments. Agricultural Systems. vol. 158.
- (2017) State-of-the-art technologies, measures, and potential for reducing GHG emissions from shipping – A review. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. vol. 52.
- (2017) Spatial, seasonal, and topographical patterns of surface albedo in Norwegian forests and cropland. International Journal of Remote Sensing. vol. 38 (16).
- (2017) Identifying key assumptions and differences in life cycle assessment studies of lithium-ion traction batteries with focus on greenhouse gas emissions. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. vol. 55.
- (2017) Prospective techno-economic and environmental assessment of carbon capture at a refinery and CO2 utilisation in polyol synthesis. Journal of CO2 Utilization. vol. 21.
- (2017) Norwegian Waste-to-Energy: Climate change, circular economy and carbon capture and storage. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. vol. 126.