Christian A. Klöckner
Background and activities
Prof. Dr. Christian A. Klöckner is a professor in social psychology and quantatitve methods at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. He leads the research group for “Citizen, Environment, and Safety” which is focusing on researching individual, social and contextual drivers of environmental decisions (including food, energy, mobility, housing). His personal research interest are modelling of environmentally relevant decisions and behaviour in the social and structural context, innovative environmental communication methods, societal disruption and transition, and psychologiocal trade-offs in sustainability issues. He is engaged in many national and international research projects, coordinating several of them, among them the H2020 projects ECHOES, SMARTEES, and ENCHANT. He is author of more than 100 academic papers
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Tackling the challenge of interdisciplinary energy research: A research toolkit. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 74.
- (2021) Temporal spillover of private housing energy retrofitting: Distribution of home energy retrofits and implications for subsidy policies. Energy Policy.
- (2021) Low free-riding at the cost of subsidizing the rich. Replicating Swiss energy retrofit subsidy findings in Norway. Energy and Buildings. vol. 253.
- (2021) Sex differences in sleep and influence of the menstrual cycle on women's sleep in junior endurance athletes. PLOS ONE. vol. 16 (6).
- (2021) Validation of the WHOQOL-Bref: psychometric properties and normative data for the Norwegian general population. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. vol. 19 (13).
- (2021) Sustainable Energy Policies and Equality: Is There a Nexus? Inferences From the Analysis of EU Statistical and Survey Data. Frontiers in Sustainable Cities.
- (2021) Exploring Quality of Life Reported by Norwegian Older Adults Using Classification Tree Approach on Group Profiles. Ageing International.
- (2021) Does activist art have the capacity to raise awareness in audiences? — A study on climate change art at the ArtCOP21 event in Paris. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts. vol. 15 (1).
- (2021) Characteristics of Patients Reporting Presumed Problematic Drinking Behavior After Gastric Bypass: Exploring Long-Term Data From the BAROBS Study. Frontiers in Endocrinology. vol. 12.
- (2020) Green Across the Board: Board Games as Tools for Dialogue and Simplified Environmental Communication. Simulation & Gaming. vol. 51 (5).
- (2020) Reciprocal associations between sleep, mental strain and training load in junior endurance athletes, and the role of poor subjective sleep quality. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 11.
- (2020) Reducing personal clothing consumption: A cross-cultural validation of the comprehensive action determination model. Journal of Environmental Psychology. vol. 71.
- (2020) Contextualizing information enhances the experience of environmental art. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts. vol. 14 (3).
- (2020) Nature in Your Face – Disruptive Climate Change Communication and Eco-Visualization as Part of a Garden-Based Learning Approach Involving Primary School Children and Teachers in Co-creating the Future. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2020) From vague interest to strong intentions to install solar panels on private homes in the North – An analysis of psychological drivers. Renewable Energy. vol. 165.
- (2020) Delivering a timely and Just Energy Transition: which policy research priorities?. Environmental Policy and Governance. vol. 30 (6).
- (2020) Art and documentaries in climate communication: Experiencing the reality of climate change and leading the way to change. Art/Research International. vol. 5 (2).
- (2020) Intravenous Iron Treatment in the Prevention of Iron Deficiency and Anaemia After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 30 (5).
- (2020) The Impact of Post-bariatric Abdominoplasty on Secondary Weight Regain After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Frontiers in Endocrinology. vol. 11:459.
- (2020) Interactive Effects of Quality of Life and Related Factors on Alcohol Use Outcomes. Canadian Journal on Aging/La Revue canadienne du vieillissement.