Ann Mari Svensson
Background and activities
My research is mainly related to electrochemical processes, basically for energy storage (Li-ion batteries, fuel cells, supercaps), but also electrolysis.
Current research activities are much focused on carbon as electrode material, including both electrochemical energy conversion tehcnologies like batteries and fuel cells, as well as electrodes (anodes) used in Hall-Heroult cells for production of aluminium. Studies of porous electrodes have been a major topic for many years, with a special attention on transient electrochemical techniques, in particular impedance spectroscopy. Several studies include also development of matehmatical models for description of comlex electrodes reactions, including also transient and impedance models. Future ambitions include establishment of in-situ spectroscopic-electrochemical techniques.
In addition to research within electrochemical energy conversion, I am also engaged in introduction in renewable energy as such, for example by active participation in the "Center for Renewable Energy", www.sffe.no.
- MT8110 - Electrochemical Methods
- TMT4285 - Hydrogen Technology, Fuel Cells, Batteries and Solar Cells
- TMT4185 - Materials Science and Engineering
- MT3900 - Master Thesis in Chemistry
- TMT4500 - Materials Technology, Specialization Project
- MT3901 - Special Syllabus for Master's Degree
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Optimizing carbon coating parameters for obtaining SiO2/C anodes with improved electrochemical performance. Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry.
- (2021) Modelling capacity fade in silicon-graphite composite electrodes for lithium-ion batteries. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 377.
- (2021) Product formation during discharge: a combined modelling and experimental study for Li–O2 cathodes in LiTFSI/DMSO and LiTFSI/TEGDME electrolytes. Journal of Applied Electrochemistry.
- (2021) Electrochemical activation of a diatom-derived SiO<inf>2</inf>/C composite anode and its implementation in a lithium ion battery. Solid State Ionics. vol. 371.
- (2021) Evaluation of selected ionic liquids as electrolytes for silicon anodes in li-ion batteries. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 168 (11).
- (2021) Limitations of Ultrathin Al2O3 Coatings on LNMO Cathodes. ACS Omega. vol. 6 (45).
- (2020) Nanostructured diatom earth SiO2 negative electrodes with superior electrochemical performance for lithium ion batteries. RSC Advances. vol. 10 (55).
- (2020) Anodes for Li‑ion batteries prepared from microcrystalline silicon and enabled by binder’s chemistry and pseudo‑self‑healing. Scientific Reports. vol. 10 (1).
- (2020) Solid Electrolyte Interphase (SEI) Formation on the Graphite Anode in Electrolytes Containing the Anion Receptor Tris (hexafluoroisopropyl) borate (THFIPB). Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 167 (13).
- (2020) Effect of a Boron Based Anion Receptor on Graphite and LiFePO4 Electrodes. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 167 (2).
- (2019) Inside the electrode: Looking at cycling products in Li/O2 batteries. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 414.
- (2019) Hematite microdisks as an alternative anode material for lithium-ion batteries. Materials Letters. vol. 247.
- (2019) Reactivity of Coke in Relation to Sulfur Level and Microstructure. Light Metals.
- (2019) Reactivity of coke in relation to sulfur level and microstructure. The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series.
- (2019) An EXAFS and XANES study of V, Ni, and Fe speciation in cokes for anodes used in aluminum production. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 50 (6).
- (2019) Co(OH)2@MnO2 nanosheet arrays as hybrid binder-free electrodes for high-performance lithium-ion batteries and supercapacitors. New Journal of Chemistry. vol. 43 (3).
- (2019) Silica from diatom frustules as anode material for Li-ion batteries. RSC Advances. vol. 9 (70).
- (2019) Comparing Anodic Bubble Behavior of Anodes from Anisotropic and Isotropic Cokes in Laboratory Scale Aluminum Electrolysis Cells. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 166 (13).
- (2019) Use of liraglutide and risk of major cardiovascular events: a register-based cohort study in Denmark and Sweden. The Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology. vol. 7 (2).
- (2019) Performance and failure analysis of full cell lithium ion battery with LiNi0.8Co0.15Al0.05O2 and silicon electrodes. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 437.