Background and activities
Energy is one of NTNU's four thematic research priorities (TSO Energy). The heads of these areas will lead, develop and follow up NTNU commitment based on professional development and international trends in close collaboration with leaders in the faculties and departments. Furthermore, they represent and position NTNU externally and be a point of contact with political authorities, research, and international actors within focus of the area. The thematic areas are currently associated with a host faculty and for energy it is the Faculty of Engineering.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Investigation on Ash Slagging Characteristics during Combustion of Biomass Pellets and Effect of Additives. Energy & Fuels. vol. 32 (4).
- (2014) Investigation of Biomass Ash Sintering Characteristics and the Effect of Additives. Energy & Fuels. vol. 28 (1).
- (2012) Theoretical and experimental investigation of diesel engine performance, combustion and emissions analysis fuelled with the blends of ethanol, diesel and jatropha methyl ester. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 53 (1).
- (2012) A comparative study of the number and mass of fine particles emitted with diesel fuel and marine gas oil (MGO). Atmospheric Environment. vol. 57.
- (2012) Influence of oxygenates on fine particle and regulated emissions from a diesel engine. Fuel. vol. 93 (1).
- (2012) Investigation of engine performance and emissions of a diesel engine with a blend of marine gas oil and synthetic diesel fuel. Environmental technology. vol. 33 (1).
- (2012) Modeling and simulation of catalytic partial oxidation of methane to synthesis gas by using a plasma-assisted gliding arc reactor. Fuel processing technology. vol. 101.
- (2012) Sintering Characteristics and Mineral Transformation Behaviors of Corn Cob Ashes. Energy & Fuels. vol. 26 (9).
- (2012) A critical review on additives to reduce ash related operation problems in biomass combustion applications. Energy Procedia. vol. 20.
- (2012) Sintering characteristics of sewage sludge ashes at elevated temperatures. Fuel processing technology. vol. 96.
- (2012) Effects of additives on barley straw and husk ashes sintering characteristics. Energy Procedia. vol. 20.
- (2011) Biosyngas production by autothermal reforming of waste cooking oil with propane using a plasma-assisted gliding arc reactor. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 36 (14).
- (2011) Experimental and thermodynamic studies of the catalytic partial oxidation of model biogas using a plasma-assisted gliding arc reactor. Renewable Energy. vol. 36 (11).
- (2011) Synthesis gas from methane by using a plasma-assisted gliding arc catalytic partial oxidation reactor. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 50 (9).
- (2011) Experimental studies and modeling of a fixed bed reactor for Fischer-Tropsch synthesis using biosyngas. Fuel processing technology. vol. 92 (5).
- (2011) Effects of Sewage Sludge and Marble Sludge Addition on Slag Characteristics during Wood Waste Pellets Combustion. Energy & Fuels. vol. 25 (12).
- (2010) Comparative Study on Engine Performance and Diesel Emissions with European Diesel Fuel (DF)-Diethylene Glycol Dimethyl Ether (DGM) and Fischer-Tropsch (FT)-DGM Blends. Energy & Fuels. vol. 24.
- (2010) Experimental investigation of engine emissions with marine gas oil-oxygenate blends. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 408 (16).
- (2010) Influence of Biodiesel Addition to Fischer-Tropsch Fuel on Diesel Engine Performance and Exhaust Emissions. Energy & Fuels. vol. 24.
- (2010) Sintering Behaviour of Wheat Straw Ash with Addition of Additive under Elevated Temperatures. European biomass conference and exhibition proceedings.