Background and activities
Head of Department
Professor in Thermodynamics and Combustion
See ComKin group Home for detailed information regarding research activity
Area of Work:
- Theoretical and experimental research within the field of combustion/gasification and alternative fuels (bio, hydrogen).
- Modeling of gasification processes of solid biofuels (reactive multiphase flows) for biofuel production.
- Head of Engine Laboratory Department of Energy and Process Engineering
- Teaching: Thermodynamics, Heat and Combustion
- SMARTCATS (EU Cost initiative)
Bio4Fuels (FME, NFR + industry partners)
- BioCarb+ (NFR + industry partners)
- GrateCFD (NFR + industry partners)
- GAFT (NFR + industry partners)
C3BO (DSF + industry partners)
- Churchill College, Cambridge University, Alumni Fellow in Engineering
- The Combustion Institute Scandinavian-Nordic Section
- Consortium On Computational Combustion For Engineering Applications
- Institute of Physics
Professor II i Process and Gas technologi
Department of Engeneering Science and Safety, University of Tromsø, Norway
Lecturer in Energy Technologies (associate empl.), School of Engineering and Material Science, Queen Mary, University of London, London, UK
College Lecturer in Engineering, Churchill College, University of Cambridge, UK
Research Associate, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge, UK
Research Associate, Division of Combustion Physics, Lund University, Sweden
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Combustion and Soot Characteristics of Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil Compression-Ignited Spray Flames. Fuel. vol. 266.
- (2020) Morphology and volume fraction of biomass particles in a jet flow during devolatilization. Fuel. vol. 278.
- (2020) Dimensional Decomposition of Turbulent Reacting Flows. Flow Turbulence and Combustion.
- (2020) Computational fluid dynamic simulations of thermochemical conversion of pulverized biomass in a dilute flow using spheroidal approximation. Fuel. vol. 271.
- (2020) The influence of size and morphology on devolatilization of biomass particles. Fuel. vol. 264.
- (2020) Effects of scaling laws on the combustion and NOx characteristics of hydrogen burners. Combustion and Flame. vol. 214.
- (2020) Grid-independent Eulerian-Lagrangian approaches for simulations of solid fuel particle combustion. Chemical Engineering Journal.
- (2019) Diffuse Back-Illuminated Extinction Imaging of Soot: Effects of Beam Steering and Flame Luminosity. SAE technical paper series. vol. 2019-January (January).
- (2019) Optical Measurements of In-Flame Soot in Compression-Ignited Methyl Ester Flames. Energy & Fuels. vol. 33.
- (2019) On soot sampling: Considerations when sampling for TEM imaging and differential mobility spectrometer. SAE technical paper series. vol. 2019:2019-24-0159 (September).
- (2019) A Parametric Study of LEM3D Based on Comparison with a Turbulent Lifted Hydrogen Jet Flame in a Vitiated Co-Flow. Combustion Science and Technology.
- (2019) Eulerian-Lagrangian simulation of pulverized biomass jet using spheroidal particle approximation. Fuel. vol. 239.
- (2019) Experimental Study of Ignition Delay, Combustion, and NO Emission Characteristics of Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil. SAE International Journal of Fuels and Lubricants. vol. 12 (1).
- (2019) Skeletal mechanisms for prediction of NOx emission in solid fuel combustion. Fuel. vol. 254.
- (2019) Combustion and NOx Emission Characteristics of a Bluff Body Hydrogen Burner. Energy & Fuels. vol. 33 (5).
- (2019) An evaluation of effects of operational parameters on NOx emissions through detailed chemical kinetics simulations. Energy Procedia. vol. 158.
- (2019) An evaluation of effects of fuel parameters and flue gas recirculation on NOx emissions through detailed chemical kinetics simulations. Chemical Engineering Transactions. vol. 74.
- (2019) Energy crops for sustainable phytoremediation – Fuel characterization. Energy Procedia. vol. 158.
- (2018) Three-dimensional Linear Eddy Modeling of a Turbulent Lifted Hydrogen Jet Flame in a Vitiated Co-flow. Flow Turbulence and Combustion. vol. 101 (4).
- (2018) High temperature gasification of high heating-rate chars using a flat-flame reactor. Applied Energy. vol. 227.