Background and activities
Head of Department
Professor in Thermodynamics and Combustion
See ComKin group Home for detailed information regarding research activity
Area of Work:
- Theoretical and experimental research within the field of combustion/gasification and alternative fuels (bio, hydrogen).
- Modeling of gasification processes of solid biofuels (reactive multiphase flows) for biofuel production.
- Head of Engine Laboratory Department of Energy and Process Engineering
- Teaching: Thermodynamics, Heat and Combustion
- SMARTCATS (EU Cost initiative)
Bio4Fuels (FME, NFR + industry partners)
- GASPRO (NFR)
- BioCarb+ (NFR + industry partners)
- GrateCFD (NFR + industry partners)
- GAFT (NFR + industry partners)
C3BO (DSF + industry partners)
- Churchill College, Cambridge University, Alumni Fellow in Engineering
- The Combustion Institute Scandinavian-Nordic Section
- Consortium On Computational Combustion For Engineering Applications
- Institute of Physics
Professor II i Process and Gas technologi
Department of Engeneering Science and Safety, University of Tromsø, Norway
Lecturer in Energy Technologies (associate empl.), School of Engineering and Material Science, Queen Mary, University of London, London, UK
College Lecturer in Engineering, Churchill College, University of Cambridge, UK
Research Associate, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge, UK
Research Associate, Division of Combustion Physics, Lund University, Sweden
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Diffuse Back-Illuminated Extinction Imaging of Soot: Effects of Beam Steering and Flame Luminosity. SAE technical paper series. vol. 2019-January (January).
- (2019) Optical Measurements of In-Flame Soot in Compression-Ignited Methyl Ester Flames. Energy & Fuels. vol. 33.
- (2019) A Parametric Study of LEM3D Based on Comparison with a Turbulent Lifted Hydrogen Jet Flame in a Vitiated Co-Flow. Combustion Science and Technology.
- (2019) Eulerian-Lagrangian simulation of pulverized biomass jet using spheroidal particle approximation. Fuel. vol. 239.
- (2019) Experimental Study of Ignition Delay, Combustion, and NO Emission Characteristics of Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil. SAE International Journal of Fuels and Lubricants. vol. 12 (1).
- (2019) Skeletal mechanisms for prediction of NOx emission in solid fuel combustion. Fuel. vol. 254.
- (2019) Combustion and NOx Emission Characteristics of a Bluff Body Hydrogen Burner. Energy & Fuels. vol. 33 (5).
- (2019) An evaluation of effects of operational parameters on NOx emissions through detailed chemical kinetics simulations. Energy Procedia. vol. 158.
- (2019) An evaluation of effects of fuel parameters and flue gas recirculation on NOx emissions through detailed chemical kinetics simulations. Chemical Engineering Transactions. vol. 74.
- (2019) Energy crops for sustainable phytoremediation – Fuel characterization. Energy Procedia. vol. 158.
- (2018) Three-dimensional Linear Eddy Modeling of a Turbulent Lifted Hydrogen Jet Flame in a Vitiated Co-flow. Flow Turbulence and Combustion. vol. 101 (4).
- (2018) High temperature gasification of high heating-rate chars using a flat-flame reactor. Applied Energy. vol. 227.
- (2018) Cold flow characteristics of a novel bluff body hydrogen burner. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 43 (14).
- (2018) An Alternative Approach for the Estimation of Biochar Yields. Energy & Fuels. vol. 32 (9).
- (2017) The effect of turbulence on mass transfer rates of small inertial particles with surface reactions. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 836.
- (2017) Methane thermal decomposition in regenerative heat exchanger reactor: Experimental and modeling study. Energy. vol. 135.
- (2017) Correlation effects between turbulence and the conversion rate of pulverized char particles. Combustion and Flame. vol. 185.
- (2017) The effect of turbulent clustering on particle reactivity. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute. vol. 36 (2).
- (2017) CFD Simulation of Devolatilization of Biomass with Shrinkage Effect. Energy Procedia. vol. 105.
- (2017) Gasification of High Heating-rate Biomass-derived Chars at Elevated Temperatures. Energy Procedia. vol. 105.