Background and activities
Head of Department
Professor in Thermodynamics and Combustion
See ComKin group Home for detailed information regarding research activity
Area of Work:
- Theoretical and experimental research within the field of combustion/gasification and alternative fuels (bio, hydrogen).
- Modeling of gasification processes of solid biofuels (reactive multiphase flows) for biofuel production.
- Head of Engine Laboratory Department of Energy and Process Engineering
- Teaching: Thermodynamics, Heat and Combustion
- SMARTCATS (EU Cost initiative)
Bio4Fuels (FME, NFR + industry partners)
- GASPRO (NFR)
- BioCarb+ (NFR + industry partners)
- GrateCFD (NFR + industry partners)
- GAFT (NFR + industry partners)
C3BO (DSF + industry partners)
- Churchill College, Cambridge University, Alumni Fellow in Engineering
- The Combustion Institute Scandinavian-Nordic Section
- Consortium On Computational Combustion For Engineering Applications
- Institute of Physics
Professor II i Process and Gas technologi
Department of Engeneering Science and Safety, University of Tromsø, Norway
Lecturer in Energy Technologies (associate empl.), School of Engineering and Material Science, Queen Mary, University of London, London, UK
College Lecturer in Engineering, Churchill College, University of Cambridge, UK
Research Associate, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge, UK
Research Associate, Division of Combustion Physics, Lund University, Sweden
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Cold flow characteristics of a novel bluff body hydrogen burner. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 43 (14).
- (2017) The effect of turbulence on mass transfer rates of small inertial particles with surface reactions. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 836.
- (2017) Methane thermal decomposition in regenerative heat exchanger reactor: Experimental and modeling study. Energy. vol. 135.
- (2017) Correlation effects between turbulence and the conversion rate of pulverized char particles. Combustion and Flame. vol. 185.
- (2017) The effect of turbulent clustering on particle reactivity. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute. vol. 36 (2).
- (2017) CFD Simulation of Devolatilization of Biomass with Shrinkage Effect. Energy Procedia. vol. 105.
- (2017) Gasification of High Heating-rate Biomass-derived Chars at Elevated Temperatures. Energy Procedia. vol. 105.
- (2017) High temperature gasification of high heating-rate chars using a flat-flame reactor. Applied Energy.
- (2017) The techno-economics of biocarbon production processes under Norwegian conditions. Energy & Fuels. vol. 31 (12).
- (2017) CO2 Gasification of Chars Prepared by Fast and Slow Pyrolysis from Wood and Forest Residue. A Kinetic Study. Energy & Fuels. vol. 32 (1).
- (2017) Study of CO2 gasification reactivity of biocarbon produced at different conditions. Energy Procedia. vol. 142.
- (2017) Stochastic reactor modeling of biomass pyrolysis and gasification. Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis. vol. 124.
- (2016) NOx emissions and turbulent flow field in a partially premixed bluff body burner with CH4 and H2 fuels. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 41 (28).
- (2016) Stochastic reactor model aiding experimental HCCI engine operating on surrogate bio-producer gas. SAE technical paper series. vol. 2016-Octobeer.
- (2016) Detailed operational mapping of a grate fired Biomass combustion plant for improved combustion process control. Chemical Engineering Transactions. vol. 50.
- (2016) Operational mapping of a grate fired biomass combustion plant for improved process control. European biomass conference and exhibition proceedings. vol. 2016 (24).
- (2016) CFD simulation of industrial-sized biomass furnace. European biomass conference and exhibition proceedings. vol. 2016.
- (2015) Numerical simulations of staged biomass grate fired combustion with an emphasis on NOx emissions. Energy Procedia. vol. 75.
- (2015) Concept of hydrogen fired gas turbine cycle with exhaust gas recirculation: Assessment of combustion and emissions performance. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 37.
- (2015) Application of a Central Composite Design for the Study of NOx Emission Performance of a Low NOx Burner. Energies. vol. 8 (5).