Pedro Crespo del Granado
Background and activities
Modelling energy systems via operations research analytical methods.
Areas of expertise: modelling, statistical analysis, mathematical & stochastic programming, energy economics and energy storage.
Projects and research activities:
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Impact of local electricity markets and peer-to-peer trading on low-voltage grid operations. Applied Energy. vol. 301.
- (2021) A two-level over-voltage control strategy in distribution networks with high PV penetration. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems. vol. 130.
- (2021) Optimal Singular Value Decomposition Based Big Data Compression Approach in Smart Grids. IEEE transactions on industry applications.
- (2021) Dynamic allocation of peer-to-peer clusters in virtual local electricity markets: A marketplace for EV flexibility. Energy. vol. 236.
- (2021) Peer-to-peer electricity trading in an industrial site: Value of buildings flexibility on peak load reduction. Energy and Buildings. vol. 236.
- (2021) Top-down spatially-explicit probabilistic estimation of building energy performance at a scale. Energy and Buildings. vol. 238.
- (2020) Development and modelling of different decarbonisation scenarios of the European energy system until 2050 as a contribution to achieving the ambitious 1.5°C climate target - Establishment of open source/data modelling in the European H2020 project openENTRANCE. E & I. Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik. vol. 137 (7).
- (2020) Energy Transition Pathways to a Low-carbon Europe in 2050: the Degree of Cooperation and the Level of Decentralization. Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy. vol. 9 (1).
- (2020) Spatial flexibility in redispatch: Supporting low carbon energy systems with Power-to-Gas. Applied Energy. vol. 283.
- (2019) Can models for long-term decarbonization policies guarantee security of power supply? A perspective from gas and power sector coupling. Energy Strategy Reviews. vol. 26.
- (2019) Local Flexibility Markets in Smart Cities: Interactions Between Positive Energy Blocks. IAEE International Conference.
- (2019) A Minute-To-Minute Unit Commitment Model to Analyze Generators Performance. International Conference on the European Energy Market. vol. 2019-September.
- (2019) Prosumer integration in wholesale electricity markets: Synergies of peer-to-peer trade and residential storage. Energy and Buildings. vol. 184.
- (2018) Value of prosumer house batteries: Experiences across the EU. IAEE International Conference.
- (2018) Batteries and Electricity Market Design for Residential Prosumers. IAEE International Conference.
- (2018) Modelling the energy transition: A nexus of energy system and economic models. Energy Strategy Reviews. vol. 20.
- (2018) Local electricity market designs for peer-to-peer trading: The role of battery flexibility. Applied Energy. vol. 229.
- (2018) The Prospect Of A Large-Scale Wind Farm In The North Sea On Gas And Electricity Infrastructure Investments Towards 2050. IAEE International Conference.
Part of book/report
- (2020) The role of transmission for renewable energy integration and clean exports. Transforming the Grid Towards Fully Renewable Energy.
- (2019) Investments in the EU Power System: A Stress Test Analysis on the Effectiveness of Decarbonisation Policies. Understanding Risks and Uncertainties in Energy and Climate Policy : Multidisciplinary Methods and Tools for a Low Carbon Society.