Pedro Crespo del Granado
Background and activities
Senior Researcher at the intersection of energy economics, energy transition, power systems, operations research, and data analytics. Multi-disciplanry experience in European and National Funded Projects.
- Modelling the EU energy transition, H2020 projects: SET-Nav and openENTRANCE
- Integration of end-users, batteries and EVs, H2020 projects: INVADE and SENDER
- Smart Cities and sustainable urban ecosystems H2020 project: +CityxChange
- Smart neighbours, local electricity markets and P2P, H2020 projects: BEYOND, Syn.ikia, and ARV
- Energy-climate transition in regions and developing countries, H2020 projects: ENERGICA and TRANSFORMAR
- Power Markets and digitalization: PowerDig, HONOR, and BEYOND
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Next frontiers in energy system modelling: A review on challenges and the state of the art. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. vol. 160.
- (2022) Stochastic local flexibility market design, bidding, and dispatch for distribution grid operations. Energy. vol. 253.
- (2022) Trends in local electricity market design: Regulatory barriers and the role of grid tariffs. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 358.
- (2021) EMPIRE: An open-source model based on multi-horizon programming for energy transition analyses. SoftwareX. vol. 17.
- (2021) Impact of local electricity markets and peer-to-peer trading on low-voltage grid operations. Applied Energy. vol. 301.
- (2021) A two-level over-voltage control strategy in distribution networks with high PV penetration. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems. vol. 130.
- (2021) Energy transition scenarios: What policies, societal attitudes, and technology developments will realize the EU Green Deal?. Energy. vol. 239.
- (2021) Optimal Singular Value Decomposition Based Big Data Compression Approach in Smart Grids. IEEE transactions on industry applications. vol. 57 (4).
- (2021) Dynamic allocation of peer-to-peer clusters in virtual local electricity markets: A marketplace for EV flexibility. Energy. vol. 236.
- (2021) A 2050 perspective on the role for carbon capture and storage in the European power system and industry sector. Energy Economics. vol. 104.
- (2021) Peer-to-peer electricity trading in an industrial site: Value of buildings flexibility on peak load reduction. Energy and Buildings. vol. 236.
- (2021) Top-down spatially-explicit probabilistic estimation of building energy performance at a scale. Energy and Buildings. vol. 238.
- (2020) Development and modelling of different decarbonisation scenarios of the European energy system until 2050 as a contribution to achieving the ambitious 1.5°C climate target - Establishment of open source/data modelling in the European H2020 project openENTRANCE. E & I. Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik. vol. 137 (7).
- (2020) Energy Transition Pathways to a Low-carbon Europe in 2050: the Degree of Cooperation and the Level of Decentralization. Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy. vol. 9 (1).
- (2020) Spatial flexibility in redispatch: Supporting low carbon energy systems with Power-to-Gas. Applied Energy. vol. 283.
- (2019) Can models for long-term decarbonization policies guarantee security of power supply? A perspective from gas and power sector coupling. Energy Strategy Reviews. vol. 26.
- (2019) Local Flexibility Markets in Smart Cities: Interactions Between Positive Energy Blocks. IAEE International Conference.
- (2019) A Minute-To-Minute Unit Commitment Model to Analyze Generators Performance. International Conference on the European Energy Market. vol. 2019-September.
- (2019) Prosumer integration in wholesale electricity markets: Synergies of peer-to-peer trade and residential storage. Energy and Buildings. vol. 184.
- (2018) Value of prosumer house batteries: Experiences across the EU. IAEE International Conference.