The Norwegian Research School in Neuroscience (NRSN) works to coordinate and improve educational activities for PhD candidates in neuroscience. By combining the specific expertise of four partner institutions (NTNU, University of Oslo, University of Bergen and Norwegian University of Life Sciences), NRSN aims to facilitate the PhD research training that will enable the next generation of Norwegian-trained neuroscientists to face the great challenges and opportunities in the field.
NRSN is funded by the Norwegian Research Council, with an annual budget of around 3 mill NOK. The NRSN board is composed of representatives from all partner institutions, and the daily management is hosted by the Faculty of Medicine, NTNU.
Membership in NRSN is open to all neuroscience PhD candidates who are working at a Norwegian institution, including research program medical students. Registered members keep all formal affiliations to their home institution and research group: NRSN represents a supplement to the existing PhD programs in Norway.
Apply for membership - for PhD candidates
Sign up for our newsletter - for supervisors and course organizers
- PhD courses – ECTS accredited courses in a broad range of topics
- Annual PhD conference – organized by and for PhD candidates
- Summer school – intensive, targeted courses with international faculty
- Training in generic skills – workshops in scientific writing, innovation, and more.
- Travel- and accommodation grants – to all members who participate in our activities
- Funding of courses and events – development of (new) PhD courses and seminars
- Human Psychophysiology: High-Density EEG analysis (10 ECTS) )
- Essentials of Neurophysiology: from neurons to circuits to behaviours (5 ECTS)
NRSN International Training Grant
NEW procedure: OPEN throughout the year
Our newsletter is intended for PhD supervisors, group leaders and course organizers in neuroscience who wish to receive regular updates on our activities and offers.