Sustainability in Hydropower Conference - SUSHP 2023
Sustainability in Hydropower 2023 heading
Sustainability in Hydropower 2023
–Ecological mitigation, best practises and governance
13‐15 June 2023
registration opens soon
Tourist attraction flow during summer in the regulate Vøringsfossen, W-Norway photo: S. M. Tunli
Please mark in your calendar this follow-up conference about "Sustainable Hydropower – ecological mitigation, best practise and governance", to attend exciting days in Mid-Norway in June 2023. We will discuss how to improve the environmental sustainability of the hydropower sector in the perspective of the EU Water Framework Directive, taxonomy of sustainable finance and the UN Sustainability goals, while enjoying the northern evenings.
Among the main aims of this conference:
- Discuss and promote best practise cases of ecological designed hydropower
- Identify sustainability challenges and good governance
- Networking regarding hydropower and the nature crisis
The symposium will focus around three main topics:
- Essentials for planning successful improvement of environmental values while securing the benefits of hydropower production.
- Emerging best practise within ecological mitigation measures and best available technologies.
- Governance with regard to sustainability, resilience, biodiversity and climate change, both in Europe and developing countries.
We also offer field trips around Trondheim as well as a visit to hydraulic lab facilities at NTNU. We will experience the northern nature and see how we can restore rivers making use of innovations.
Who is it for?
We welcome a broad audience from different countries, national and regional water authorites, policy officers, research scientist as well as representatives from the hydropower sector and other stakeholders.