Welcome to the Joint Research Centre of SJTU and NTNU within Sustainable Energy
A Joint Research Centre (JRC) Agreement in "Sustainable Energy" was signed by Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) on 26 May 2010 in Shanghai. The agreement contains descriptions of SJTU's and NTNU's positions and activities in energy research, a common vision, goals, organization of the centre etc. Both SJTU and NTNU have developed substantial research and education activity over a broad specter of energy technologies. By teaming up together in this goal-oriented JRC with the common mission:
SJTU and NTNU will be in a considerable better position to contribute to bringing forward new solutions in key technology areas that will be important to the future.
To achieve this, the following thematic research areas have been identified as candidate working areas:
- Gas Technology to support utilization of natural gas to substitute coal (LNG technology).
- Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) to reduce emissions of CO2and other greenhouse gases – Use of CO2as working fluid.
- Renewable Energy (solar energy, wind energy, ambient).
- Energy Use in Buildings / Zero Emission Buildings (energy efficiency).
- Energy System Analysis and Sustainable Energy Studies (research on how to realize sustainable energy solutions and the transition to a sustainable energy system: User accept, innovation, governance and policy, energy system analysis, energy scenarios).
Signing of the JRC agreement on May 26 2010