Background and activities
Senior Research Librarian at the NTNU, University Library. She works with digital educational design, and she is the project manager of Mubil and ARK4 at the NTNU University library. She also teaches information literacy for archaeology and Museum studies students and researchers.
Worked as a field archaeologist for the KA Greek Ephorate of antiquities in Greece, since 1982 until 2000. Excavated several places and worked with museum registration work in Delos, Paros, Samos, Santorini. Took master`s from the University of Oslo, Norway in 1996 about “The burial customs in Santorini during the Archaic period”. Moved to Norway in 2000 and worked until 2006 as a lecturer for archaeology students at NTNU University in Trondheim, teaching courses on Classical Archaeology, European Archaeology, Archaeological Theory and Cultural history. Since 2006 I have been working or the NTNU University library with different projects in order to promote the historical archives of our library and its digital resources. Teaching information literacy and doing research in Digital Humanities. Interested in new technology as a dissemination tool for both museums and libraries.
Projects and seminars
- 2001-2002 Organized field- course for NTNU University students of Archaeology in Delos in cooperation with the French Archaeological School of Athens and KA Ephoria of the Cycladic islands.
- 2003: Organized a field course at Paros, Greece for Archaeology students in cooperation with Lars Stenvik from VM with Da Vince scholarship. Read more at the University newspaper
- 2005 Taught the subject Experts in Team at NTNU Time-machine: Tidskapselen
- 2005-2012 Organized series of lectures by the name, “ Myths and plants of Greece” for the program The city and Knowledge by the Royal Norwegian society of Trondheim from 2005 until today on Classical archaeology and history.
- External sensor for Eit 2011 http://kristinerosok.blogg.no/1300311310_herlig_dag_ass.html
- 2009-2011 Project-manager for Electronic curriculum project for two years for NTNU University Library in cooperation with NTNU University, Educational program for teachers(PLU). Read more at the University newspaper
- 2011 organized a research seminar for NTNU library and the NTNU Museum of Natural History and Archaeology.
- 2010 member of the organizing committee for the Creating Knowledge conference 2010
- 2011-2014 Project-manager for Mubil in cooperation with Percro laboratory, Pisa Italy and NTNU, department of Information and Computer Science and the subject Experts in Team at NTNU University.
- 2014-2016 Project-manager for ARK4 a heritage library in collaboration with NTNU, IDI the States Archives, Deaf Museum in Trondheim and Digital Curation Unit Athena RC in Greece and Europeana Research.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Mubil: En virtuell opplevelse av bøker. Skriftserien Bibliotheca Nova. vol. 2.
- (2014) MUBIL: Creating a 3D Experience of "Reading Books" in a Virtual Library Laboratory. International Journal of Heritage in the Digital Era. vol. 3 (2).
- (2013) IMPLEMENTATION OF 3D TOOLS AND IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE INTERACTION FOR SUPPORTING LEARNING IN A LIBRARY-ARCHIVE ENVIRONMENT. VISIONS AND CHALLENGES. International Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. vol. XL-5/W2.
- (2013) Mubil, creating an Immersive Experience of old books to support learning in a Museum-Archive environment. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8215.
- (2013) VIRTUAL TECHNOLOGIES TO ENABLE NOVEL METHODS OF ACCESS TO LIBRARY ARCHIVES. SCIRES-IT : SCIentific RESearch and Information Technology. vol. 3 (1).
- (2011) E-readers as a studying tool: A project by the NTNU University Library, Trondheim. Serials: The Journal for the Serials Community. vol. 24 (3).
- (2001) Santorini: The archaic cemetery at Sellada. 2001.
Part of book/report
- (2014) Med myter og planter. Byen og Kunnskapen.