Norwegian Centre for Child Research (NOSEB)
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Anne Trine Kjørholt
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Graduated with a doctoral degree in education at NTNU in 2003 with the thesis title “Childhood as a Social and Symbolic Space: Discourses on Children as Social Participants in Society”. Hovedfag (Masters) in special education from AVH in 1988 with the thesis title “Just for fun: Social roles and relations in children’s play in day-care”. Pre-school/day-care education from Teachers Training College in Bergen in 1975 . Associate Professor since 1995 and Director of Norwegian Centre for Child Research since 2003. Project leader for following research projects: Children as New Citizens and the Best Interest of the Child - Challenges for Modern Democracies (2005-2009); The modern child and the flexible labour market (together with Jens Qvortrup, 2003-2008); Children, young people and local knowledge in Ethiopia and Zambia (2007-2011). Academically responsible for both the international master’s programme (MPhil) in Childhood Studies and PhD in Interdisciplinary Child Research.
- Discourses on childhood
- Children’s rights and perspectives
- Children’s cultures
- Early childhood education and care
- Children’s welfare, time and space
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2013) The place of children among the Guji of southern Ethiopia: school, work and play. Children's Geographies.
- (2013) Childhood as Social Investment, Rights and the Valuing of Education. Children & society. volum 27 (4).
- (2009) Social Actors and Victims of Exploitation. Working children in the cash economy of Ethiopia's South. Childhood. volum 16 (2).
- (2009) Fra redaksjon. Barn.
- (2007) Why Children? Why Now?. Children's Geographies. volum 5 (1-2).
- (2007) Childhood as a Symbolic Space: Searching for Authentic Voices in the Era of Globalisation. Children's Geographies. volum 5 (1-2).
- (2006) Nyskjerrig-Per. Barn. volum 24 (2).
- (2005) Children, food consumption and culture in the Nordic countries. Barn. volum 23 (1).
- (2004) Aktuelt nå. Barn. volum 22 (2).
- (2004) Presentasjon av prosjektet "Det moderne barn og det fleksible arbeidsmarked". Barn. volum 22 (1).
- (2004) Det moderne barn og det fleksible arbeidsmarked institusjonalisering og individualisering av barn i lys av endringer i velferdsstaten : en prosjektbeskrivelse. Barn.
- (2003) Creating a Place to Belong.Girls' and Boys' Hutbuilding as a Site for Understanding Discourses on Childhood and Generational Relations in a Norwegian Community. Children's Geographies. volum 1 (2).
- (2002) Small is powerful.Discourses on 'children and participation' in Norway. Childhood. volum 9 (1).
- (2001) 'The Participating Child' - A vital pillar in this century?. Nordic Studies in Education. volum 21 (2).
- (2013) Childhood and Local Knowledge in Ethiopia: Livelihoods, Rights and Intergenerational Relationships. Akademika forlag. 2013. ISBN 9788251928533.
- (2012) The modern child and the flexible labour market. Early childhood education and care. Palgrave Macmillan. 2012. ISBN 978-0-230-57932-3. Studies in Childhood and Youth (-).
- (2010) Barn som samfunnsborgere - til barnets beste?. Universitetsforlaget. 2010. ISBN 9788215016382.
- (2009) Children, food and identity in everyday life. Palgrave Macmillan. 2009. ISBN 9780230575998.
- (2008) Global Childhoods: Globalization, Development and Young People. Routledge. 2008. ISBN 0-415-41145-9.
- (2007) Flexible childhood? Exploring children's welfare in time and space. Volume 2 of COST A19: Children's welfare. Syddansk Universitetsforlag. 2007. ISBN 97-887-7674-202-7.