Background and activities
Works as a PhD student in the project "Healing and justice - health care and legal flow after rape": Hospital staff will provide emergency health care in addition to assisting the police in forensic sampling and documentation of injuries. The overall aim of the study is to increase knowledge about sexual assault of adult women, improve health care and judicial efforts in this area.
Data sources for the study are police files from the Sør-Trøndelag Police District 1997-2010, as well as records from the Sexual Assault Centre at St. Olav's Hospital for the same time period. Two studies have been published so far.
Supervisor is prosfessor Berit Schei.
The project has received funding from the The Norwegian ExtraFoundation for Health and Rehabilitation through the NGO Norwegian Women's Public Health Association, as well as from The Liaison Committee between the Central Norway Regional Health Authority and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Sexually transmitted infections among women attending a Norwegian Sexual Assault Centre. Sexually Transmitted Infections. vol. 90 (4).
- (2013) Ethanol and drug findings in women consulting a Sexual Assault Center - Associations with clinical characteristics and suspicions of drug-facilitated sexual assault. Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine. vol. 20 (6).
- (2013) EtG/EtS in Urine from Sexual Assault Victims Determined by UPLC-MS-MS. Journal of Analytical Toxicology. vol. 37 (4).
- (2012) Oppløftende selvhjelpsbok om voldtekt. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 132 (2).
- (2011) Impact of medico-legal findings on charge filing in cases of rape in adult women. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 90 (11).
- (2014) Medical findings and legal outcome among postpubertal women attending the Sexual Assault Centre at St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim, Norway. A record-based study from 1997–2010. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2014. ISBN 978-82-326-0546-0. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (317).
- (2014) Are medico-legal findings associated with the filing of charges among Norwegian adult female sexual assault victims?. 4th International Conference on the Survivors of Rape . Associacão de Mulheres Contra la Violencia; Lisboa. 2014-11-20 - 2014-11-22.
- (2014) Banebrytende doktorgrad om voldtekt. Sanitetskvinnene.no [Internett]. 2014-11-17.
- (2013) Mange voldtektsofre har skyhøy promille. Adressa.no [Internett]. 2013-07-05.
- (2012) Alcohol and drugs detected in urine/blood, background and assault characteristics and clinical findings in cases of drug facilitated sexual assault in Trondheim, Norway. The 3rd International Conference on Survivors of Rape . Rape Crisis Network Ireland; Galway. 2012-11-09 - 2012-11-10.
- (2011) Ny studie: Skader på voldtektsoffer lite å si for rettslig utfall. vg.no [Internett]. 2011-11-19.
- (2011) Legens funn etter voldtekt betyr lite. Forskning.no [Internett]. 2011-11-18.
- (2010) Mikrobiologisk prøvetaking ved seksuelle overgrep - voksne/ungdom og barn. Mikrobiologiske undersøkelser ved underlivsinfeksjoner. Felles strategimøte i virologi/serologi og bakteriologi . Strategimøte i virologi/serologi og bakteriologi, tverrfagli; Oslo. 2010-11-04 - 2010-11-05.