Postal addressFaculty of Medicine Department of Public Health and General Practice Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7401 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Works as a PhD student in the project "Healing and justice - health care and legal flow after rape": Hospital staff will provide emergency health care in addition to assisting the police in forensic sampling and documentation of injuries. The overall aim of the study is to increase knowledge about sexual assault of adult women, improve health care and judicial efforts in this area.
Data sources for the study are police files from the Sør-Trøndelag Police District 1997-2010, as well as records from the Sexual Assault Centre at St. Olav's Hospital for the same time period. Two studies have been published so far.
Supervisor is prosfessor Berit Schei.
The project has received funding from the The Norwegian ExtraFoundation for Health and Rehabilitation through the NGO Norwegian Women's Public Health Association, as well as from The Liaison Committee between the Central Norway Regional Health Authority and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Ethanol and drug findings in women consulting a Sexual Assault Center - Associations with clinical characteristics and suspicions of drug-facilitated sexual assault. Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine. volum 20 (6).
- (2013) EtG/EtS in Urine from Sexual Assault Victims Determined by UPLC-MS-MS. Journal of Analytical Toxicology. volum 37 (4).
- (2012) Oppløftende selvhjelpsbok om voldtekt. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. volum 132 (2).
- (2011) Impact of medico-legal findings on charge filing in cases of rape in adult women. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. volum 90 (11).
- (2013) Mange voldtektsofre har skyhøy promille. Adressa.no [Internett]. 2013-07-05.