Postal addressDepartment of Engineering Design and Materials Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
- Fracture- and damage mechanics - FEM analysis
- Multiscale Material Modeling - from Micro-mechanisms to Macro-properties
- Nanotechnology - modeling of fracture mechanisms on the atomic level
- TMM4140 Materialteknikk 2
- TMM4160 Fracture Mechanics
- TMM4535 Robust material selection and design - offshore
- New course spring 2010: TMM4162 Atomistic Modeling of Materials Failure
- MM8404 Modeling of Fracture (MOF), PhD course
Proposed student projects
- Arctic Steels
- Nanomechanical Modeling of Materials Failure
- Environmental Assisted Fracture - HISC
- Inovation and creativity
- Materials with extreme strength - space elevator
- failure analysis - practical examples and experience
- Multiscale Material Modeling (MMM)
- Large scale crack arrest testing of pielines for transport of hydrogen and CO2 gas
Research projects in cooperation with SINTEF
- Arctic Materials
- Fracture Control Offshore Pipelines
- Environmental assisted fracture - HISC. In-situ hydrogen charging nanoindentation
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Chemically Induced Phase Transformation in Austenite by Focused Ion Beam. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions. A. volum 45 (3).
- (2014) Local mechanical properties of intercritically reheated coarse grained heat affected zone in low alloy steel. Materials & Design. volum 59.
- (2014) Micromechanical Testing of Fracture Initiation Sites in Welded High-Strength Low-Alloy Steel. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions. A. volum 45 (4).
- (2013) Three-dimensional crack initiation mechanisms in bcc-Fe under loading modes I, II and III. Materials Science & Engineering: A. volum 560.
- (2012) Atomistic modeling of micromechanisms and T-stress effects in fracture of iron. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. volum 79.
- (2012) Atomistic modeling of penny-shaped and through-thickness cracks in bcc iron. Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering. volum 20 (7).
- (2012) Quantitative Relation Between Acoustic Emission Signal Amplitude and Arrested Cleavage Microcrack Size. International Journal of Fracture. volum 177 (1).
- (2011) Surface Nanoengineering Inspired by Evolution. BioNanoScience. volum 1 (3).
- (2011) Crack Tip Opening Displacement in atomistic modeling of fracture of silicon. Computational materials science. volum 50 (9).
- (2011) Atomistic study of the effect of crack tip ledges on the nucleation of dislocations in silicon single crystals at elevated temperature. Materials Science & Engineering: A. volum 528 (13-14).
- (2011) Multiscale simulations of mixed-mode fracture in bcc-Fe. Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering. volum 19 (8).
- (2011) Quasicontinuum simulation of crack propagation in bcc-Fe. Materials Science & Engineering: A. volum 528 (15).
- (2010) Atomistic Study of Crack-Tip Cleavage to Dislocation Emission Transition in Silicon Single Crystals. Physical Review Letters. volum 104 (23).
- (2010) The Effect of Weld Metal Mismatch Level on the Failure Mode in Small-scale Sent Testing of an X80 Material. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. volum 4.
- (2009) Influence of hydrogen from cathodic protection on the fracture susceptibility of 25%Cr duplex stainless steel - Constant load SENT testing and FE-modelling using hydrogen influenced cohesive zone elements. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. volum 76 (7).
- (2008) Application of hydrogen influenced cohesive laws in the prediction of hydrogen induced stress cracking in 25%Cr duplex stainless steel. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. volum 75 (8).
- (2008) Two-parameter fracture mechanics and circumferential crack growth in surface cracked pipelines using line-spring elements. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. volum 75 (1).
- (2008) Ultimate fracture capacity of pressurised pipes with defects - Comparisons of large scale testing and numerical simulations. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. volum 75.
- (2008) Modelling of hydrogen diffusion and hydrogen induced cracking in supermartensitic and duplex stainless steels. Materials & design. volum 29 (10).
- (2008) A probabilistic fracture mechanics model including 3D ductile tearing of bi-axially loaded pipes with surface cracks. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. volum 75 (1).