Background and activities
- Energy efficient machine learning algorithms in hardware
- Information diffusion over social networks
- Models of censorship and their effects on diffusion
- Machine learning and its application to complex networks
- Collaborative filtering for information retrieval
- Teaching Computer Design (TDT4255) with the Computer Architecture and Design Group, IDI
- Teaching Design of Digital Systems 2 (TFE4171) with the Circuits and Systems Group, IET
- Teaching Complex and Biologically-Inspired Systems (TDT22)
- Coordinator for minor in Green ICT
- Occasional organiser for Trondheim cryptoparties
- Associate professor at NTNU (2013-)
- Postdoc at Insight Centre (formerly DERI), NUI Galway, Ireland (2011-2013)
- PhD Computer Science from University of Geneva, Switzerland (2011)
- MSc Computer Science from Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand (2005)
- BSc Computer Science from University of Victoria, BC, Canada (2001)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Phantom cascades: The effect of hidden nodes on information diffusion. Computer Communications.
- (2015) Information fusion methods for the automatic creation of Twitter Lists. International Journal of Social Network Mining. vol. 2 (1).
- (2014) Toward automatic censorship detection in microblogs. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8643.
Part of book/report
- (2015) Hybrid Breadth-First Search on a Single-Chip FPGA-CPU Heterogeneous Platform. 25th International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications, FPL 2015, London, United Kingdom, September 2-4, 2015.
- (2014) Where is the news breaking? Towards a location-based event detection framework for journalists. MultiMedia Modeling - 20th Anniversary International Conference, MMM 2014, Dublin, Ireland, January 6-10, 2014, Proceedings, Part I (LNCS 8325).
- (2014) Toward automatic censorship detection in microblogs. PAKDD-SocNet14 ; Tainan. 2014-05-13 - 2014-05-13.