Postal addressDepartment of Biology Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Small mammal responses to moose supplementary winter feeding. European Journal of Wildlife Research. volum 60.
- (2014) Reject the odd egg: egg recognition mechanisms in parrotbills. Behavioral Ecology.
- (2013) White-tailed eagles (Haliaeetus albicilla) at the Smøla wind-power plant, central Norway, lack behavioral flight responses to wind turbines. Wildlife Society bulletin. volum 37 (1).
- (2013) Roads as a threat to the Serengeti ecosystem. Conservation Biology. volum 27 (5).
- (2013) The poultry thief: Predation on free-ranging poultry flocks outside the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania. African Journal of Ecology.
- (2013) Local people’s perceptions of crop damage by common langurs (Semnopithecus entellus) and human-langur conflict in Keshabpur of Bangladesh. Environment and Natural Resources Research. volum 3.
- (2013) Strychnine poisoning in African wild dogs (Lycaon pictus) in the Loliondo game controlled area, Tanzania. International Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation. volum 5.
- (2013) Knowledge on birds of conservation interest among the people living close to protected areas in Serengeti, Northern Tanzania. International Journal of Biodiversity Science, Ecosystem Services & Management. volum 9.
- (2013) Reviewing 30 years of studies on the Common Cuckoo - accumulated knowledge and future perspectives. Chinese Birds. volum 4 (1).
- (2013) Livestock depredation by carnivores in the Serengeti Ecosystem, Tanzania. Environment and Natural Resources Research. volum 3.
- (2013) Environmental degradation and loss of traditional agriculture as two causes of conflicts in shrimp farming in the southwestern coastal Bangladesh: Present status and probable solutions. Ocean and Coastal Management. volum 85.
- (2013) Egg arrangement in avian clutches covaries with the rejection of foreign eggs. Animal Cognition. volum 16 (5).
- (2013) Avian brood parasitism — a growing research area in behavioral ecology (part II). Chinese Birds. volum 4 (1).
- (2013) Early conditions and fitness: effect of maternal parity on human life-history traits. Behavioral Ecology. volum 24 (2).
- (2013) Menopause: No support for an evolutionary explanation among historical Norwegians. Experimental Gerontology. volum 48 (4).
- (2013) Determining adrenocortical activity as a measure of stress in African elephants (Loxodonta africana) in relation to human activities in Serengeti ecosystem. African Journal of Ecology. volum 51 (4).
- (2013) Increase of clutch size triggers clutch destruction behaviour in common moorhens (Gallinula chloropus) during the incubation period. Behaviour. volum 150 (2).
- (2013) Host selection in parasitic birds: are open-cup nesting insectivorous passerines always suitable cuckoo hosts?. Journal of Avian Biology. volum 44 (3).
- (2013) UV reflectance as a cue in egg discrimination in two Prinia species exploited differently by brood parasites in Taiwan. Ibis. volum 155 (3).
- (2012) Why do brood parasitic birds lay strong-shelled eggs?. Chinese Birds. volum 3 (4).