Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Solar activity at birth predicted infant survival and women's fertility in historical Norway. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences.
- (2015) Wealth and the opportunity for sexual selection in men and women. Behavioral Ecology.
- (2014) Local communities' willingness to pay for sustaiable forest management in Ghana. Journal of Energy and Natural Resources Management. vol. 1.
- (2014) The poultry thief: Subsistence farmers' perceptions of depredation outside the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania. African Journal of Ecology. vol. 52 (3).
- (2014) Heading for the hills: Risk avoidance drives den site selection in African wild dogs. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (6).
- (2014) Attitudes of Maasai pastoralists toward the conservation of large carnivores in the Loliondo Game Controlled Area of northern Tanzania. International Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation. vol. 6.
- (2014) Human-carnivore conflict over livestock in the eastern part of the Serengeti ecosystem, with a particular focus on the African wild dog Lycaon pictus. Oryx. vol. 48 (3).
- (2014) Factors affecting attitudes of local people toward the red-billed quelea (Quelea quelea) in Kondoa District, Tanzania. International Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation. vol. 6.
- (2014) Factors affecting local ecological knowledge and perceived threats to the kori bustard (Ardeotis kori struthiunculus) in the Serengeti Ecosystem, Northern Tanzania. International Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation. vol. 6.
- (2014) The impact of crop raiding by wild animals in communities surrounding the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania. International Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation. vol. 6 (9).
- (2014) Small mammal responses to moose supplementary winter feeding. European Journal of Wildlife Research. vol. 60.
- (2014) Perceptions of farmers in Bangladesh to Asian Elephants (Elephas maximus). Environment and Natural Resources Research. vol. 4.
- (2014) Reject the odd egg: Egg recognition mechanisms in parrotbills. Behavioral Ecology. vol. 25 (6).
- (2014) Deficiency in egg rejection in a host species as a response to the absence of brood parasitism. Behavioral Ecology. vol. 26 (2).
- (2013) White-tailed eagles (Haliaeetus albicilla) at the Smøla wind-power plant, central Norway, lack behavioral flight responses to wind turbines. Wildlife Society bulletin. vol. 37 (1).
- (2013) Roads as a threat to the Serengeti ecosystem. Conservation Biology. vol. 27 (5).
- (2013) Local people’s perceptions of crop damage by common langurs (Semnopithecus entellus) and human-langur conflict in Keshabpur of Bangladesh. Environment and Natural Resources Research. vol. 3.
- (2013) Strychnine poisoning in African wild dogs (Lycaon pictus) in the Loliondo game controlled area, Tanzania. International Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation. vol. 5.
- (2013) Knowledge on birds of conservation interest among the people living close to protected areas in Serengeti, Northern Tanzania. International Journal of Biodiversity Science, Ecosystem Services & Management. vol. 9.
- (2013) Reviewing 30 years of studies on the Common Cuckoo - accumulated knowledge and future perspectives. Chinese Birds. vol. 4 (1).