Department of Biology
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2013) White-tailed eagles (Haliaeetus albicilla) at the Smøla wind-power plant, central Norway, lack behavioral flight responses to wind turbines. Wildlife Society bulletin. volum 37 (1).
- (2013) Reviewing 30 years of studies on the Common Cuckoo - accumulated knowledge and future perspectives. Chinese Birds. volum 4 (1).
- (2013) Egg arrangement in avian clutches covaries with the rejection of foreign eggs. Animal Cognition. volum 16 (5).
- (2013) Avian brood parasitism — a growing research area in behavioral ecology (part II). Chinese Birds. volum 4 (1).
- (2013) Early conditions and fitness: effect of maternal parity on human life-history traits. Behavioral Ecology. volum 24 (2).
- (2013) Menopause: No support for an evolutionary explanation among historical Norwegians. Experimental Gerontology. volum 48 (4).
- (2013) Increase of clutch size triggers clutch destruction behaviour in common moorhens (Gallinula chloropus) during the incubation period. Behaviour. volum 150 (2).
- (2013) Host selection in parasitic birds: are open-cup nesting insectivorous passerines always suitable cuckoo hosts?. Journal of Avian Biology. volum 44 (3).
- (2013) UV reflectance as a cue in egg discrimination in two Prinia species exploited differently by brood parasites in Taiwan. Ibis. volum 155 (3).
- (2012) Why do brood parasitic birds lay strong-shelled eggs?. Chinese Birds. volum 3 (4).
- (2012) Are cuckoos maximizing egg mimicry by selecting host individuals with better matching egg phenotypes?. PLoS ONE. volum 7 (2).
- (2012) Egg phenotype matching by cuckoos in relation to discrimination by hosts and climatic conditions. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. volum 279 (1735).
- (2012) Responses of potential hosts of Asian cuckoos to experimental parasitism. Ibis. volum 154 (2).
- (2012) Reduced breeding success in white-tailed eagles at Smola windfarm, western Norway, is caused by mortality and displacement. Biological Conservation. volum 145 (1).
- (2012) Sex Allocation in Relation to Host Races in the Brood-Parasitic Common Cuckoo (Cuculus canorus). PLoS ONE. volum 7 (5).
- (2012) Attitudes of the local community towards the conservation of the common langur (Semnopithecus entellus) in Keshabpur, Bangladesh. International Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation. volum 4 (11).
- (2012) Sex roles in egg recognition and egg polymorphism in avian brood parasitism. Behavioral Ecology. volum 23 (2).
- (2012) Modelling the maintenance of egg polymorphism in avian brood parasites and their hosts. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. volum 25 (5).
- (2012) Benefits and access to natural resources influence conservation perceptions and relationship between local people and other stakeholders: The case of Serengeti ecosystem, Tanzania. International Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation. volum 4 (12).
- (2012) Bushmeat and food security: Species preference of sundried bushmeat in communities in the Serengeti - Mara ecosystem, Tanzania. International Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation. volum 4 (12).