Postal addressDepartment of Materials Science and Engineering Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Gabriella Tranell, - NTNU from 2009-01-01Associate Professor at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Extractive Metallurgy Group
- Production of Ferroalloys
- Production and Refining of Silicon
- Solar Cell Materials
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Particle Size Distributions of Particulate Emissions from the Ferroalloy Industry Evaluated by Electrical Low Pressure Impactor (ELPI). Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene.
- (2014) Boron Removal from Silicon by Humidified Gases. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions E. volum 1 (1).
- (2014) Oxidation of Manganese-Containing Aluminum Alloys. Light Metals.
- (2014) Oxidation of Manganese-Containing Aluminum Alloys studied by SEM. Materials Science Forum. volum 794-796.
- (2013) Trace Elements in the Si Furnace. Part II: Analysis of Condensate in Carbothermal Reduction of Quartz. Metallurgical and materials transactions. B, process metallurgy and materials processing science. volum 44 (2).
- (2013) Trace Elements in the Si Furnace. Part I: Behavior of Impurities in Quartz During Reduction. Metallurgical and materials transactions. B, process metallurgy and materials processing science. volum 44 (2).
- (2013) A new method for estimation of emissions and sources of measurements error in the silicon refining process. JOM: The Member Journal of TMS. volum 65 (8).
- (2013) Element Distribution in Silicon Refining: Thermodynamic Model and Industrial Measurements. JOM: The Member Journal of TMS.
- (2013) Thermodynamic and Kinetic Behavior of B and Na Through the Contact of B-Doped Silicon with Na2O-SiO2 Slags. Metallurgical and materials transactions. B, process metallurgy and materials processing science. volum 44 (3).
- (2013) Recycling of the Rare Earth Oxides from Spent Rechargeable Batteries Using Waste Metallurgical Slags. Journal of Mining and Metallurgy. Section B: Metallurgy. volum 49 (2).
- (2012) Electrical fragmentation as a novel route for the refinement of quartz raw materials for trace mineral impurities. Powder Technology. volum 224.
- (2012) The Kinetics of Boron Transfer in Slag Refining of Silicon. JOM: The Member Journal of TMS. volum 64 (8).
- (2012) Mechanisms and Kinetics of Liquid Silicon Oxidation During Industrial Refining. Oxidation of Metals. volum 78 (3-4).
- (2012) Active Oxidation of Liquid Silicon: Experimental Investigation of Kinetics. Oxidation of Metals. volum 78 (5-6).
- (2012) Processes for upgrading metallurgical grade silicon to solar grade silicon. Energy Procedia. volum 20.
- (2012) New advances in metallurgical solar grade silicon based on recent Norwegian research activities. Physica Status Solidi. C, Current topics in solid state physics. volum 9 (10-11).
- (2011) Study of pellets and lumps as raw materials in silicon production from quartz and silicon carbide. Metallurgical and materials transactions. B, process metallurgy and materials processing science. volum 42 (5).
- (2011) Combined XRD and XRF Technique for the Quantification of the Mass Balance in a Si Carbothermic Production Experiment. ISIJ International. volum 51 (9).
- (2009) Control of grain size and -orientation in multi-crystalline silicon ingots. Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals. volum 62 (4-5).
- (2009) Progress in the development and use of grain refiner based on cerium sulphide or titanium compound for carbon steel. ISIJ International. volum 49 (7).