Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Can student effort be manipulated? Does it matter?. Applied Economics. vol. 47 (15).
- (2015) Conditional gender peer effects?. Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics. vol. 55.
- (2013) Public employees and public sector reform implementation. Public Choice. vol. 156 (1-2).
- (2013) Disadvantaged students in the early grades: will smaller classes help them?. Education Economics. vol. 21 (4).
- (2013) I hvilken grad kan studentenes arbeidsinnsats påvirkes?. UNIPED. vol. 36 (2).
- (2012) How Much is Students' College Performance Affected by Quantity of Study?. International Review of Economic Education. vol. 11 (2).
- (2011) Birth order effects on young students’ academic achievement. The Journal of Socio-Economics. vol. 40 (6).
- (2010) Are parental effort allocations biased by gender?. Education Economics. vol. 18 (3).
- (2008) Peer group effects in education production: Is it about congestion?. The Journal of Socio-Economics. vol. 37 (1).
- (2008) The effect of grading practices on gender differences in academic performance. Bulletin of Economic Research. vol. 60 (3).
- (2005) Teacher sorting, teacher quality, and student composition. European Economic Review. vol. 49.
- (2005) teacher sorting, teacher quality, and student composition. European Economic Review. vol. 49.
- (2004) Do the teachers' grading practices affect student achievement?. Education Economics. vol. 12 (2).
- (2004) Can effective teacher behavior be identified?. Economics of Education Review. vol. 23.
- (2004) The determinants of parental effort in education production: do parents respond to changes in class size?. Economics of Education Review. vol. 23.
- (2004) Utforming av utdanningspolitikken - hva kan økonomene bidra med?. Økonomisk forum. vol. 58 (3).
- (2003) Class size effects on student achievement in Norway: Patterns and explanations. Southern Economic Journal. vol. 69 (4).
- (2003) Hvorfor friskoler?. Økonomisk forum. vol. 57 (7).
- (2000) Vil Mjøs gi bedre effektivitet i høyere utdanning?. Sosialøkonomen. vol. 54 (7).
- (1999) The variation in teachers' grading practices: causes and consequences. Economics of Education Review. vol. 18.