Postal addressIVT faculty administration Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Ingvald Strømmen was appointed Dean of the Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology in 2005.
Ingvald Strømmen is a professor at the Department of Energy and Process Engineering.
Ingvald Strømmen (born 1950) has a master's degree from NTH (1975) and a PhD from the Division of Refrigeration Engineering, NTH (1980).
- Head of the Department of Energy and Process Engineering, NTNU (2002-2005)
- Head of the Department of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, NTNU (1996-2002)
- Professor at the Division of Refrigeration Engineering and the Department of Energy and Process Engineering, NTH and NTNU (1993 -)
- Associate Professor, Division of Refrigeration Engineering, NTH (1982)
- Heat pump and Refrigeration engineering
- Food engineering with emphasis put on drying and dewatering processes
- Food processing
- Member of the Board of SINTEF Energy Research (2004-2005)
- Member of the Board of Leksvik Industriell Vekst A/S (2004-2007)
- Member of ”Hestnes-utvalget I. NTNU2020- eventuell samlokalisering” (2004-2005)
- Member of ”Hestnes-utvalget II. NTNU 2020- eventuell samlokalisering” (2005)
- Chairman of the Board of Technoport (2005-2009)
- Member of the corporate assembly of Statoil (elect the Board of directors) (2006 - )
- Member of the Board of SINTEF Technology and Society (2006 - )
- Member of Aker Solutions Innovation Board
- Member of the Board of SINTEF Building and Infrastructure
- Member of the Board of Technology Transfer Office, TTO, at NTNU
For more information, see Ingvald Strømmen’s CV to the left under contact information
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Can Drying Be an Alternative Tissue Preservation Method in Cancer Research Biobanking?. Drying Technology. volum 32 (6).
- (2011) Characteristics of Bovine Spermatozoa after Immobilization by Dehydration. Drying Technology. volum 29 (5).
- (2007) Effects of Drying Methods on Functionality of a Native Potato Protein Concentrate. Drying Technology. volum 25.
- (2007) Atmospheric Freeze Drying - Modeling and Simulation of a Tunnel Dryer. Drying Technology. volum 25 (12).
- (2007) Effects of drying methods on functionality of a native potato protein concentrate. Drying Technology. volum 25 (04.jun).
- (2007) Relationship of product structure, sorption characteristics, and freezing point of atmospheric freeze-dried foods. Drying Technology. volum 25 (5).
- (2007) Atmospheric Freeze Drying - A Review. Drying Technology. volum 25 (6).
- (2007) Modelling of Sorption Isotherms of various Kinds of Wood at Different Temperature Conditions. Drying Technology. volum 25 (9).
- (2005) Functional Properties of Dried Potato Protein. Comparison of Drying Technologies Intended to Preserve Functional Properties of Potato Protein Concentrate Isolated by Large Scale Expanded Bed Chromatography. Drying Technology.
- (2004) Freeze Drying at Atmospheric Pressure- New Product possibilities. Food science and technology research. volum 10 (2).
- (2004) Freeze drying at Atmospheric Pressure - New product possibilities. Food science and technology research. volum 10 (1).
- (2004) Liofilization of green-peas at atmospheric pressure. Alimentación, equipos y tecnología.
- (2004) Physical properties in drying of food products with combined sublimation and evaporation. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering. volum 12.
- (2002) Heat pump drying. Drying Technology. volum 20 (8).
- (2001) Place du CO2 dans les applications frigorifiques et de conditionnement d'air. La Revue Générale du Froid.
- (2000) Refrigeration, Air-conditioning and Heat-Pump Systems for the 21st Century Pompes à chaleur, applicatins frigorifiques et de conditionnement d`air pour le 21e siècle. Bulletin of the International Institute of Refrigeration : Bulletin de l'Institut international du froid. volum LXXX (2).
- (1996) The application of heat pump in drying of biomaterials. Drying Technology. volum 14 (9).
- (1994) New applications of heat pumps in drying processes. Drying Technology. volum 12 (4).
Part of book/report
- (1994) Heat pump drying of bio-materials. Thermal processing of bio-materials.
- (1994) Kompendium i fag 65165 Næringsmiddelteknologi. 1994.