Background and activities
Ingvald Strømmen was appointed Dean of the Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology in 2005.
Ingvald Strømmen is a professor at the Department of Energy and Process Engineering.
Ingvald Strømmen (born 1950) has a master's degree from NTH (1975) and a PhD from the Division of Refrigeration Engineering, NTH (1980).
- Head of the Department of Energy and Process Engineering, NTNU (2002-2005)
- Head of the Department of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, NTNU (1996-2002)
- Professor at the Division of Refrigeration Engineering and the Department of Energy and Process Engineering, NTH and NTNU (1993 -)
- Associate Professor, Division of Refrigeration Engineering, NTH (1982)
- Heat pump and Refrigeration engineering
- Food engineering with emphasis put on drying and dewatering processes
- Food processing
- Member of the Board of SINTEF Energy Research (2004-2005)
- Member of the Board of Leksvik Industriell Vekst A/S (2004-2007)
- Member of ”Hestnes-utvalget I. NTNU2020- eventuell samlokalisering” (2004-2005)
- Member of ”Hestnes-utvalget II. NTNU 2020- eventuell samlokalisering” (2005)
- Chairman of the Board of Technoport (2005-2009)
- Member of the corporate assembly of Statoil (elect the Board of directors) (2006 - )
- Member of the Board of SINTEF Technology and Society (2006 - )
- Member of Aker Solutions Innovation Board
- Member of the Board of SINTEF Building and Infrastructure
- Member of the Board of Technology Transfer Office, TTO, at NTNU
For more information, see Ingvald Strømmen’s CV to the left under contact information
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Can Drying Be an Alternative Tissue Preservation Method in Cancer Research Biobanking?. Drying Technology. vol. 32 (6).
- (2011) Characteristics of Bovine Spermatozoa after Immobilization by Dehydration. Drying Technology. vol. 29 (5).
- (2007) Effects of Drying Methods on Functionality of a Native Potato Protein Concentrate. Drying Technology. vol. 25.
- (2007) Atmospheric Freeze Drying - Modeling and Simulation of a Tunnel Dryer. Drying Technology. vol. 25 (12).
- (2007) Effects of drying methods on functionality of a native potato protein concentrate. Drying Technology. vol. 25 (04.jun).
- (2007) Relationship of product structure, sorption characteristics, and freezing point of atmospheric freeze-dried foods. Drying Technology. vol. 25 (5).
- (2007) Atmospheric Freeze Drying - A Review. Drying Technology. vol. 25 (6).
- (2007) Modelling of Sorption Isotherms of various Kinds of Wood at Different Temperature Conditions. Drying Technology. vol. 25 (9).
- (2005) Functional Properties of Dried Potato Protein. Comparison of Drying Technologies Intended to Preserve Functional Properties of Potato Protein Concentrate Isolated by Large Scale Expanded Bed Chromatography. Drying Technology.
- (2004) Freeze Drying at Atmospheric Pressure- New Product possibilities. Food science and technology research. vol. 10 (2).
- (2004) Freeze drying at Atmospheric Pressure - New product possibilities. Food science and technology research. vol. 10 (1).
- (2004) Liofilization of green-peas at atmospheric pressure. Alimentación, equipos y tecnología.
- (2004) Physical properties in drying of food products with combined sublimation and evaporation. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering. vol. 12.
- (2002) Heat pump drying. Drying Technology. vol. 20 (8).
- (2001) Place du CO2 dans les applications frigorifiques et de conditionnement d'air. La Revue Générale du Froid.
- (2000) Refrigeration, Air-conditioning and Heat-Pump Systems for the 21st Century Pompes à chaleur, applicatins frigorifiques et de conditionnement d`air pour le 21e siècle. Bulletin of the International Institute of Refrigeration : Bulletin de l'Institut international du froid. vol. LXXX (2).
- (1996) The application of heat pump in drying of biomaterials. Drying Technology. vol. 14 (9).
- (1994) New applications of heat pumps in drying processes. Drying Technology. vol. 12 (4).
Part of book/report
- (1994) Heat pump drying of bio-materials. Thermal processing of bio-materials.
- (1994) Kompendium i fag 65165 Næringsmiddelteknologi. 1994.