Background and activities
John Erik Fornæss (1946) has been a Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences since 2012, and belongs to the Analysis Research Group.
Professor Fornæss has a Master degree in Mathematics from the University of Oslo, and a PhD in Mathematics from the University of Washington, USA.
He has previously held positions as a Professor at the Princeton University and later, the University of Michigan.
Fellowships and awards
- NSF grants 1974-2015
- Sloan Fellowship 1978
- ICM, Invited speaker, 1982
- Humboldt Fellowship
- Stefan Bergman Prize, 1994
- Member of Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters 2012-
- Member of The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters 2013-
Commissions of trust
- Member, NSF panels
- Member, Journal Editorial Boards
Memberships of scientific societies
- American Mathematical Society
- European Mathematical Society
- Norwegian Mathematical Society
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) A characterization of the ball in Cn. International Journal of Mathematics. vol. 27 (9).
- (2016) Non-autonomous basins with uniform bounds are elliptic. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society. vol. 144 (11).
- (2015) Fatou components with punctured limit sets. Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems. vol. 35 (5).
- (2015) Some problems. Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & statistics. vol. 144.
- (2015) An estimate for the squeezing function and estimates of invariant metrics. Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & statistics. vol. 144.
- (2014) The range of holomorphic maps at boundary points. Mathematische Annalen. vol. 359 (3-4).
- (2014) Formal complex curves in real smooth hypersurfaces. Illinois Journal of Mathematics. vol. 58 (1).
- (2014) Classification of recurrent domains for holomorphic maps on complex projective spaces. Journal of Geometric Analysis. vol. 24 (2).
- (2014) Exposing Points on the Boundary of a Strictly Pseudoconvex or a Locally Convexifiable Domain of Finite 1-Type. Journal of Geometric Analysis. vol. 24 (4).
- (2013) Equilibrium measures in saddle sets of holomorphic maps on P^2. Mathematische Annalen. vol. 356 (4).
- (2013) Q-Complete domains with corners in P-n and extension of line bundles. Mathematische Zeitschrift. vol. 273 (1-2).
- (2012) Infinite type germs of real analytic pseudoconvex domains in C^3. Complex Variables and Elliptic Equations.
- (2011) On Supnorm Estimates for ∂ on Infinite Type Convex Domains in C^2. Journal of Geometric Analysis. vol. 29.
- (2011) Examples of minimal laminations and associated currents. Mathematische Zeitschrift.
- (2015) Complex Geometry and Dynamics. Springer. 2015. ISBN 978-3-319-20336-2.