Background and activities
I am professor in hydrology at the department of hydraulic and enviornmental engineering. Responsible for teaching basic hydrology and water resources management, and parts of other courses. Main research interests within environmental impact assessment and hydrology of rivers and lakes in cold climate.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Survival of eggs of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) in a drawdown zone of a regulated river influenced by groundwater. Hydrobiologia. vol. 743 (1).
- (2015) The effects of hydropeaking on hyporheic interactions based on field experiments. Hydrological Processes. vol. 29 (6).
- (2015) The Survival of Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar) Eggs During Dewatering in a River Subjected to Hydropeaking. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. vol. 31 (4).
- (2015) Recursively updating the error forecasting scheme of a complementary modelling framework for improved reservoir inflow forecasts. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 527.
- (2015) Evaluation of Regionalization Methods for Hourly Continuous Streamflow Simulation Using Distributed Models in Boreal Catchments. Journal of hydrologic engineering.
- (2015) Comparative evaluation of performances of different conceptualisations of distributed HBV runoff response routines for prediction of hourly streamflow in boreal mountainous catchments. Hydrology Research.
- (2015) Evaluation of different parameterizations of the spatial heterogeneity of subsurface storage capacity for hourly runoff simulation in boreal mountainous watershed. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 522.
- (2015) Impact of climate change on ice regime in a river regulated for hydropower. Canadian journal of civil engineering (Print). vol. 42.
- (2014) Performance of a one-dimensional hydraulic model for the calculation of stranding areas in hydropeaking rivers. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. vol. 31 (2).
- (2014) A cost-effective approach to predict dynamic variation of mesohabitats at the river scale in Norwegian systems. International Journal of River Basin Management. vol. 12 (2).
- (2014) Modelling of environmental flow options for optimal Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar, embryo survival during hydropeaking. Fisheries Management and Ecology. vol. 21 (6).
- (2014) Safety of Hydropower Dams in a Changing Climate. Journal of hydrologic engineering. vol. 19 (3).
- (2014) Optimising Atlantic salmon smolt survival by use of hydropower simulation modelling in a regulated river. Fisheries Management and Ecology. vol. 21 (1).
- (2014) Contemporary trends and future changes in freshwater ice conditions: inference from temperature indices. Hydrology Research. vol. 45 (3).
- (2014) Sensitivity of lake ice regimes to climate change in the Nordic region. The Cryosphere. vol. 8.
- (2014) Sensitivity to climate change of the thermal structure and ice cover regime of three hydropower reservoirs. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 510.
- (2014) Some Aspects of Ice–Hydropower Interaction in a Changing Climate. Energies. vol. 7 (3).
- (2014) Improving inflow forecasting into hydropower reservoirs through a complementary modelling framework. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions. vol. 11 (10).
- (2014) Latent heat exchange in the boreal and arctic biomass. Global Change Biology. vol. 20 (11).
- (2014) Runoff Forecasting and its Application in Reservoir Operation and Flood Warnings in Nepal. Hydro Nepal: Journal of Water, Energy and Environment. vol. 15.