Postal addressDepartment of Hydraulic and Environmental Engineering Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
I am professor in hydrology at the department of hydraulic and enviornmental engineering. Responsible for teaching basic hydrology and social and environmental impact assessment, and parts of other courses. Main research interests within environmental impact assessment and hydrology of rivers and lakes in cold climate.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Performance of a one-dimensional hydraulic model for the calculation of stranding areas in hydropeaking rivers. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management.
- (2014) A cost-effective approach to predict dynamic variation of mesohabitats at the river scale in Norwegian systems. International Journal of River Basin Management. volum 12 (2).
- (2014) The effects of hydropeaking on hyporheic interactions based on field experiments. Hydrological Processes.
- (2014) Safety of Hydropower Dams in a Changing Climate. Journal of hydrologic engineering. volum 19 (3).
- (2014) Optimising Atlantic salmon smolt survival by use of hydropower simulation modelling in a regulated river. Fisheries Management and Ecology. volum 21 (1).
- (2014) Contemporary trends and future changes in freshwater ice conditions: inference from temperature indices. Hydrology Research. volum 45 (3).
- (2014) Sensitivity to climate change of the thermal structure and ice cover regime of three hydropower reservoirs. Journal of Hydrology. volum 510.
- (2014) Some Aspects of Ice–Hydropower Interaction in a Changing Climate. Energies. volum 7 (3).
- (2014) Latent heat exchange in the boreal and arctic biomass. Global Change Biology.
- (2014) Regional Modeling for Estimation of Runoff from Ungauged Catchments: Case Study of the Saptakoshi Basin, Nepal. Hydro Nepal: Journal of Water, Energy and Environment. volum 14.
- (2014) The Use of Co-Kriging and Map-Correlation to Study Hydrological Response Patterns and Select Reference Streamgauges for Ungauged Catchments. Journal of hydrologic engineering. volum 19 (2).
- (2014) Transferability of hydrological model parameter spaces in the estimation of runoff in ungauged catchments. Hydrological Sciences Journal. volum 59 (8).
- (2013) Water consumption from hydropower plants – review of published estimates and an assessment of the concept. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions. volum 10.
- (2013) Water consumption from hydropower plants – review of published estimates and an assessment of the concept. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. volum 17.
- (2013) The impacts of climate change on a Norwegian high-head hydropower system. Journal of Water and Climate. volum 4 (1).
- (2013) Atlantic salmon fishways: The Norwegian experiences. Vann. volum 48 (2).
- (2013) Ice Effects on Hydropower Systems — A Review. Journal of cold regions engineering. volum 27 (4).
- (2013) Modeling thermal structure, ice cover regime and sensitivity to climate change of two regulated lakes – a Norwegian case study. Geophysical Research Abstracts. volum 15.
- (2013) Sensitivity of lake ice regimes to climate change in the Nordic region. The Cryosphere Discussions. volum 7 (2).
- (2013) Regional Frequency Analysis of Extreme Precipitation with Consideration of Uncertainties to Update IDF Curves for the City of Trondheim. Journal of Hydrology. volum 498.