Postal addressDepartment of Hydraulic and Environmental Engineering Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
I am professor in hydrology at the department of hydraulic and enviornmental engineering. Responsible for teaching basic hydrology and water resources management, and parts of other courses. Main research interests within environmental impact assessment and hydrology of rivers and lakes in cold climate.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Performance of a one-dimensional hydraulic model for the calculation of stranding areas in hydropeaking rivers. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management.
- (2014) Survival of eggs of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) in a drawdown zone of a regulated river influenced by groundwater. Hydrobiologia.
- (2014) A cost-effective approach to predict dynamic variation of mesohabitats at the river scale in Norwegian systems. International Journal of River Basin Management. volum 12 (2).
- (2014) The effects of hydropeaking on hyporheic interactions based on field experiments. Hydrological Processes.
- (2014) THE SURVIVAL OF ATLANTIC SALMON (Salmo salar) EGGS DURING DEWATERING IN A RIVER SUBJECTED TO HYDROPEAKING. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management.
- (2014) Safety of Hydropower Dams in a Changing Climate. Journal of hydrologic engineering. volum 19 (3).
- (2014) Optimising Atlantic salmon smolt survival by use of hydropower simulation modelling in a regulated river. Fisheries Management and Ecology. volum 21 (1).
- (2014) Contemporary trends and future changes in freshwater ice conditions: inference from temperature indices. Hydrology Research. volum 45 (3).
- (2014) Sensitivity of lake ice regimes to climate change in the Nordic region. The Cryosphere. volum 8.
- (2014) Sensitivity to climate change of the thermal structure and ice cover regime of three hydropower reservoirs. Journal of Hydrology. volum 510.
- (2014) Some Aspects of Ice–Hydropower Interaction in a Changing Climate. Energies. volum 7 (3).
- (2014) Comparative evaluation of performances of different conceptualisations of distributed HBV runoff response routines for prediction of hourly streamflow in boreal mountainous catchments. Hydrology Research.
- (2014) Latent heat exchange in the boreal and arctic biomass. Global Change Biology.
- (2014) Runoff Forecasting and its Application in Reservoir Operation and Flood Warnings in Nepal. Hydro Nepal: Journal of Water, Energy and Environment. volum 15.
- (2014) Regional Modeling for Estimation of Runoff from Ungauged Catchments: Case Study of the Saptakoshi Basin, Nepal. Hydro Nepal: Journal of Water, Energy and Environment. volum 14.
- (2014) The Use of Co-Kriging and Map-Correlation to Study Hydrological Response Patterns and Select Reference Streamgauges for Ungauged Catchments. Journal of hydrologic engineering. volum 19 (2).
- (2014) Transferability of hydrological model parameter spaces in the estimation of runoff in ungauged catchments. Hydrological Sciences Journal. volum 59 (8).
- (2013) Water consumption from hydropower plants – review of published estimates and an assessment of the concept. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions. volum 10.
- (2013) Water consumption from hydropower plants – review of published estimates and an assessment of the concept. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. volum 17.
- (2013) The impacts of climate change on a Norwegian high-head hydropower system. Journal of Water and Climate. volum 4 (1).