Background and activities
I am professor in hydrology at the department of hydraulic and enviornmental engineering. Responsible for teaching basic hydrology and water resources management, and parts of other courses. Main research interests within environmental impact assessment and hydrology of rivers and lakes in cold climate.
VM8104 Hydrology - PhD course
VM8109 Topics in ecohydraulics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Modeling the effects of alternative mitigation measures on Atlantic salmon production in a regulated river. Water Resources and Economics.
- (2017) Regional Statistical and Precipitation–Runoff Modelling for Ecological Applications: Prediction of Hourly Streamflow in Regulated Rivers and Ungauged Basins. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. vol. 33 (2).
- (2017) Regional flood frequency analysis and prediction in ungauged basins including estimation of major uncertainties for mid-Norway. Journal of Hydrology Regional Studies. vol. 9.
- (2017) Analyses of extreme precipitation and runoff events including uncertainties and reliability in design and management of urban water infrastructure. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 544.
- (2016) Climate Change and Increased Irrigation Demands: What Is Left for Hydropower Generation? Results from Two Semi-Arid Basins. Energies. vol. 9 (3).
- (2016) Simulation of river water temperatures during various hydro-peaking regimes. Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research. vol. 4 (1).
- (2016) Hydropower operations in groundwater-influenced rivers: implications for Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar, early life stage development and survival. Fisheries Management and Ecology. vol. 23 (2).
- (2016) Hydrological and thermal effects of hydropeaking on early life stages of salmonids: A modelling approach for implementing mitigation strategies. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 573.
- (2016) Multi-basin and regional calibration based identification of distributed precipitation–runoff models for hourly runoff simulation: calibration and transfer of full and partial parameters. Hydrology Research. vol. 47 (2).
- (2016) Evaluation of storage–discharge relationships and recession analysis-based distributed hourly runoff simulation in large-scale, mountainous and snow- influenced catchment. Hydrological Sciences Journal. vol. 61 (16).
- (2016) Modeling nonlinear responses of DOC transport in boreal catchments in Sweden. Water resources research. vol. 52 (7).
- (2016) Hydrological and thermal controls of ice formation in 25 boreal stream reaches. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 540.
- (2016) Modelling winter operational strategies of a hydropower system. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 122.
- (2016) Detection and apparent survival of PIT-tagged stream fish in winter. Ecology and Evolution. vol. 6 (8).
- (2015) Are Reservoirs Water Consumers or Water Collectors? Reflections on the Water Footprint Concept Applied on Reservoirs. Water resources management. vol. 29 (14).
- (2015) A simple procedure for the assessment of hydropeaking flow alterations applied to several European streams. Aquatic Sciences. vol. 77 (4).
- (2015) Survival of eggs of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) in a drawdown zone of a regulated river influenced by groundwater. Hydrobiologia. vol. 743 (1).
- (2015) The effects of hydropeaking on hyporheic interactions based on field experiments. Hydrological Processes. vol. 29 (6).
- (2015) The Survival of Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar) Eggs During Dewatering in a River Subjected to Hydropeaking. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. vol. 31 (4).
- (2015) Recursively updating the error forecasting scheme of a complementary modelling framework for improved reservoir inflow forecasts. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 527.
- (2015) Improving real-time inflow forecasting into hydropower reservoirs through a complementary modelling framework. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. vol. 19 (8).
- (2015) Evaluation of Regionalization Methods for Hourly Continuous Streamflow Simulation Using Distributed Models in Boreal Catchments. Journal of hydrologic engineering. vol. 20 (11).
- (2015) Comparative evaluation of performances of different conceptualisations of distributed HBV runoff response routines for prediction of hourly streamflow in boreal mountainous catchments. Hydrology Research. vol. 46 (4).
- (2015) Evaluation of different parameterizations of the spatial heterogeneity of subsurface storage capacity for hourly runoff simulation in boreal mountainous watershed. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 522.
- (2015) Environmental Flows in Nepal - An Evaluation of Current Practices and an Analysis of the Upper Trishuli-I Hydroelectric Project. Hydro Nepal: Journal of Water, Energy and Environment. vol. 17.
- (2015) Impact of climate change on ice regime in a river regulated for hydropower. Canadian journal of civil engineering (Print). vol. 42 (9).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Correlation between the shelter of juvenile salmonids and bed substrate. River Sedimentation: Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on River Sedimentation.
- (2016) Is i Sautso – Vurdering av istilhøve 2006 – 2015 og forslag til vidare overvaking. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7598-098-2.
- (2016) Vurdering av effektkøyring i Lærdalselva. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7598-101-9.
- (2016) Be cool: hydro-physical changes and fish responses in winter in hydropower-regulated northern streams. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7206-410-4. Skriftserien fra Høgskolen i Sørøst-Norge (1).
- (2016) Virkning av klimaendringer på leveringskapasitet for vannforsyning fra Jonsvatnet og Benna. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7598-096-8.
- (2015) The Kværnerbyen flood of 2nd September 2015 Reconstruction of the Alna River flows and capacity assessment of the culvert-tunnel system. 2015. ISBN 978-82-7598-093-7.
- (2014) Handbook for environmental design in regulated salmon rivers. 2014. ISBN 978-82-426-2638-7. NINA temahefte (53).
- (2013) Håndbok for miljødesign i regulerte laksevassdrag. 2013. ISBN 978-82-426-2589-2. NINA temahefte (52).