Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
I am professor in hydrology at the department of hydraulic and enviornmental engineering. Responsible for teaching basic hydrology and social and environmental impact assessment, and parts of other courses. Main research interests within environmental impact assessment and hydrology of rivers and lakes in cold climate.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2013) Water consumption from hydropower plants – review of published estimates and an assessment of the concept. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions. volum 10.
- (2013) Water consumption from hydropower plants – review of published estimates and an assessment of the concept. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. volum 17.
- (2013) Water consumption from hydropower production: review of published estimates. IAHS-AISH publication. volum 362.
- (2013) The impacts of climate change on a Norwegian high-head hydropower system. Journal of Water and Climate. volum 4 (1).
- (2013) Safety of Hydropower Dams in a Changing Climate. Journal of hydrologic engineering.
- (2013) Optimising Atlantic salmon smolt survival by use of hydropower simulation modelling in a regulated river. Fisheries Management and Ecology.
- (2013) Atlantic salmon fishways: The Norwegian experiences. Vann. volum 48 (2).
- (2013) Contemporary trends and future changes in freshwater ice conditions: inference from temperature indices. Hydrology Research.
- (2013) Ice Effects on Hydropower Systems — A Review. Journal of cold regions engineering. volum 27 (4).
- (2013) Modeling thermal structure, ice cover regime and sensitivity to climate change of two regulated lakes – a Norwegian case study. Geophysical Research Abstracts. volum 15.
- (2013) Sensitivity of lake ice regimes to climate change in the Nordic region. The Cryosphere Discussions. volum 7 (2).
- (2013) Regional Frequency Analysis of Extreme Precipitation with Consideration of Uncertainties to Update IDF Curves for the City of Trondheim. Journal of Hydrology. volum 498.
- (2013) Satellite-Based Precipitation Estimation for Hydropower Development. Hydro Nepal: Journal of Water, Energy and Environment. volum 12.
- (2013) Simulation of the ice regime in a Norwegian regulated river. Cold Regions Science and Technology. volum 94.
- (2013) Winter Disturbances and Riverine Fish in Temperate and Cold Regions. BioScience. volum 63 (3).
- (2013) Hydrological model parameter transferability studies to estimate runoff at ungauged catchments. Hydrological Sciences Journal.
- (2013) Sensitivity-guided evaluation of the HBV hydrological model parameterization. Journal of Hydroinformatics. volum 15 (3).
- (2013) The Use of Co-Kriging and Map-Correlation to Study Hydrological Response Patterns and Select Reference Streamgauges for Ungauged Catchments. Journal of hydrologic engineering.
- (2012) Development of an inflow-controlled environmental flow regime for a Norwegian river. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. volum 28 (6).
- (2012) Updating of states in operational hydrological models. Geophysical Research Abstracts. volum 14.