Background and activities
I am professor in hydrology at the department of hydraulic and enviornmental engineering. Responsible for teaching water resources in the basic course in water and environment, hydrology, hydrological modelling and water resources management. Main research interests within environmental impact assessment, hydrology of rivers and lakes in cold climate and aspects of modelling water resources.
VM8104 Hydrology - PhD course
VM8109 Topics in ecohydraulics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Modeling the effects of alternative mitigation measures on Atlantic salmon production in a regulated river. Water Resources and Economics. vol. 17.
- (2017) The Water Footprint of Hydropower Production—State of the Art and Methodological Challenges. Global Challenges.
- (2017) Key hydraulic drivers and patterns of fine sediment accumulation in gravel streambeds: A conceptual framework illustrated with a case study from the Kiewa River, Australia. Geomorphology.
- (2017) Regional Statistical and Precipitation–Runoff Modelling for Ecological Applications: Prediction of Hourly Streamflow in Regulated Rivers and Ungauged Basins. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. vol. 33 (2).
- (2017) Regional flood frequency analysis and prediction in ungauged basins including estimation of major uncertainties for mid-Norway. Journal of Hydrology Regional Studies. vol. 9.
- (2017) Analyses of extreme precipitation and runoff events including uncertainties and reliability in design and management of urban water infrastructure. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 544.
- (2016) Climate Change and Increased Irrigation Demands: What Is Left for Hydropower Generation? Results from Two Semi-Arid Basins. Energies. vol. 9 (3).
- (2016) Simulation of river water temperatures during various hydro-peaking regimes. Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research. vol. 4 (1).
- (2016) Hydropower operations in groundwater-influenced rivers: implications for Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar, early life stage development and survival. Fisheries Management and Ecology. vol. 23 (2).
- (2016) Hydrological and thermal effects of hydropeaking on early life stages of salmonids: A modelling approach for implementing mitigation strategies. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 573.
- (2016) Multi-basin and regional calibration based identification of distributed precipitation–runoff models for hourly runoff simulation: calibration and transfer of full and partial parameters. Hydrology Research. vol. 47 (2).
- (2016) Evaluation of storage–discharge relationships and recession analysis-based distributed hourly runoff simulation in large-scale, mountainous and snow- influenced catchment. Hydrological Sciences Journal. vol. 61 (16).
- (2016) Modeling nonlinear responses of DOC transport in boreal catchments in Sweden. Water resources research. vol. 52 (7).
- (2016) Hydrological and thermal controls of ice formation in 25 boreal stream reaches. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 540.
- (2016) Modelling winter operational strategies of a hydropower system. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 122.
- (2016) Detection and apparent survival of PIT-tagged stream fish in winter. Ecology and Evolution. vol. 6 (8).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Correlation between the shelter of juvenile salmonids and bed substrate. River Sedimentation: Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on River Sedimentation.
- (2017) Utfordringer og muligheter for norsk vannkraft ved integrasjon med vind- og solkraft i Europa. En oppsummering fra HydroPEAK-prosjektet. 2017. ISBN 978-82-426-3070-4. NINA temahefte (71).
- (2016) Is i Sautso – Vurdering av istilhøve 2006 – 2015 og forslag til vidare overvaking. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7598-098-2.
- (2016) Vurdering av effektkøyring i Lærdalselva. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7598-101-9.
- (2016) Be cool: hydro-physical changes and fish responses in winter in hydropower-regulated northern streams. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7206-410-4. Skriftserien fra Høgskolen i Sørøst-Norge (1).
- (2016) Virkning av klimaendringer på leveringskapasitet for vannforsyning fra Jonsvatnet og Benna. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7598-096-8.
- (2014) Handbook for environmental design in regulated salmon rivers. 2014. ISBN 978-82-426-2638-7. NINA temahefte (53).