Postal addressDepartment of Materials Science and Engineering Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Marisa Di Sabatino Lundberg
Background and activities
Associate professor in Physical Metallurgy
Master in Materials Science from Marche Polytechnic University (Italy) in March 2002.
PhD in Physical Metallurgy from NTNU in November 2005.
Visiting PhD student at MPI, Worchester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) in Worcester, MA (USA) from Jan-July 2004.
Research and Senior Research Scientist at SINTEF Materials and Chemistry between 2007 and 2010.
Associate Professor in Physical Metallurgy from June 2010.
Research fields and fields of interest:
-Crystallization and solidification of solar cell silicon
-Advanced characterization methods for solar cell silicon
-Glow Discharge Spectrometry
-Castability of light alloys
-Solidification and characterization of Al- and Al foundry alloys
-May 2008: Young Research Presentation Award at 4th International conference on Crystal Growth and Crystal Technology of silicon and semiconductors (CGCT-4) in Sendai (Japan).
-November 2006: Aldo Daccò Award from AIM (Italian Association of Metallurgy) for the PhD thesis work.
-June 2005: 2nd Best Student Presentation Award during the Advances in Solidification Processes (ICASP) in Stockholm (Sweden).
-May 2004: Håkon Styri Fellowship Award given by the Norwegian Metallurgy Associatiton (Norsk Metallurgisk Selskap) for my research work.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Identification of grain boundary segregation mechanisms during silicon bi-crystal solidification. Materials Science Forum. volum 790-791.
- (2014) Detection limits for glow discharge mass spectrometry (GDMS) analyses of impurities in solar cell silicon. Measurement. volum 50 (1).
- (2014) Analysis of impurities with inhomogeneous distribution in multicrystalline solar cell silicon by glow discharge mass spectrometry. Materials Science & Engineering: B. Solid-state Materials for Advanced Technology. volum 180 (1).
- (2013) Influence of pulling rate on multicrystalline silicon ingots' properties. Journal of Crystal Growth. volum 386.
- (2013) Impact of growth rate on impurities segregation at grain boundaries in silicon during Bridgman growth. Journal of Crystal Growth. volum 372.
- (2013) Defect generation, advanced crystallization, and characterization methods for high-quality solar-cell silicon. Physica Status Solidi (a) applications and materials science. volum 210 (4).
- (2013) Temperature-dependent Hall-effect measurements of p-type multicrystalline compensated solar grade silicon. Progress in Photovoltaics. volum 21 (7).
- (2012) State-of-the-art characterization tools for Al foundry alloys. Metallurgical Science and Technology.
- (2012) Solidification of Silicon for Solar Cells. Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals. volum 65 (6).
- (2012) State-of-the-art growth of silicon for PV applications. Journal of Crystal Growth. volum 360.
- (2012) Synchrotron-based microprobe investigation of impurities in raw quartz-bearing and carbon-bearing feedstock materials for photovoltaic application. Progress in Photovoltaics. volum 20 (2).
- (2012) Electrical fragmentation as a novel route for the refinement of quartz raw materials for trace mineral impurities. Powder Technology. volum 224.
- (2012) Correlation Between Mechanical Properties and Porosity Distribution of A356 in Gravity Die Casting and Low Pressure Die Casting. Advanced Materials Research. volum 445.
- (2012) Distribution and impact of chromium in compensated solar grade silicon. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells. volum 103.
- (2012) INFLUENCE OF OXIDE ADDITIONS ON THE POROSITY DEVELOPMENT AND MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF A356 ALUMINIUM ALLOY CASTINGS. International Journal of metalcasting. volum 6 (2).
- (2012) Chemical bulk properties of multicrystalline silicon ingots for solar cells cast in silicon nitride crucibles. Journal of Crystal Growth. volum 354 (1).
- (2011) Solidification of Silicon for Electronic and Solar Applications. JOM: The Member Journal of TMS. volum 63 (10).
- (2011) Oxygen distribution on a multicrystalline silicon ingot grown from upgraded metallurgical silicon. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells. volum 95 (2).
- (2011) Determination of relative sensitivity factors for trace element analysis of solar cell silicon by fast-flow glow discharge mass spectrometry. Spectrochimica Acta Part B - Atomic Spectroscopy. volum 66 (2).
- (2011) Relationship between net doping density and resistivity of compensated mc-Si ingots. Physica Status Solidi. C, Current topics in solid state physics. volum 8 (3).