Background and activities
Cand.med. (MD), 1976, University of Oslo
Specialist in child and adolescent psychiatry, 1986 (child and adolescent psychiatrist)
Head of Department BUP clinic, St. Olav’s hospital 1992 – 1999
Fields of interest:
Mental health in low birth-weight children.
- Mental health and cerebral magnetic resonance imaging in adolescents with low birth weight
- Mental health in young adults with low birth weight
- Prevalence of emotional and behavioural problems in adolescents
- Psychiatric symptoms and their association with biological factors in adolescence
- The health survey at the BUP clinic , St. Olav's Hospital
Medical degree programme in child and adolescent psychiatry
Master’s studies at RBUP
Regional further education for doctors at the BUP clinic (doctors taking specialist training in child and adolescent psychiatry)
Teaches and/or answers external enquiries about mental health in low birth-weight children; e.g. for user organisations, the media, etc.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Life after adolescent and adult moderate and severe traumatic brain injury: self-reported executive, emotional, and behavioural function 2-5 years after injury. Behavioural Neurology. vol. 2015:329241.
- (2015) Associations between parental chronic pain and self-esteem, social competence, and family cohesion in adolescent girls and boys - Family linkage data from the HUNT study. BMC Public Health. vol. 15 (1).
- (2015) Cortical trajectories during adolescence in preterm born teenagers with very low birthweight. Cortex. vol. 75.
- (2015) Improved quality of life among adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder is mediated by protective factors: A cross sectional survey. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 15 (108).
- (2015) What Predicts a Good Adolescent to Adult Transition in ADHD? The Role of Self-Reported Resilience. Journal of Attention Disorders.
- (2015) Chronic multisite pain in adolescent girls and boys with emotional and behavioral problems: the Young-HUNT study. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. vol. 24 (5).
- (2015) Central Coherence, Visuoconstruction and Visual Memory in Patients with Eating Disorders as Measured by Different Scoring Methods of the Rey Complex Figure Test. European eating disorders review.
- (2015) Neuropsychological function in patients with anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa. International Journal of Eating Disorders. vol. 48 (4).
- (2014) Bullying behaviour among Norwegian adolescents: Psychiatric diagnoses and school well-being in a clinical sample. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 68 (5).
- (2014) Substance use in children of parents with chronic pain - the HUNT study. Journal of Pain Research. vol. 7.
- (2014) Smoking, alcohol consumption, and drug use among adolescents with psychiatric disorders compared with a population based sample. Journal of Adolescence. vol. 37 (7).
- (2014) Physical activity in adolescents with psychiatric disorders and in the general population. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health. vol. 8 (2).
- (2014) Self-reported social anxiety symptoms and correlates in a clinical (CAP) and a community (Young-HUNT) adolescent sample. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. vol. 49 (12).
- (2014) Intellectual function in patients with anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. European eating disorders review. vol. 22 (1).
- (2013) Adolescent predictors and associates of psychosocial functioning in young men and women: 11 year follow-up findings from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 54 (2).
- (2013) Quality of Life in Children and Adolescents Surviving Cancer. Quality of Life in Children and Adolescents Surviving Cancer. European Journal of Cancer. vol. 49.
- (2013) Differentiated patterns of cognitive impairment 12 months after severe and moderate traumatic brain injury. Brain Injury. vol. 27 (13-14).
- (2013) Chronic pain and pain-related disability across psychiatric disorders in a clinical adolescent sample. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 13:272.
- (2013) The Impact of Coexisting Emotional and Conduct Problems on Family Functioning and Quality of Life Among Adolescents With ADHD. Journal of Attention Disorders.
- (2013) Resilience, lifestyle and symptoms of anxiety and depression in adolescence: the Young-HUNT study. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. vol. 48 (3).