Background and activities
Martin Landrø is a Professor in Applied Geophysics at the Department of Petroleum Engineering & Applied Geophysics (IPT).
Landrø supervises has supervised more than 50 students pursuing a master's degree in geophysics. In addition he supervises a select group of PhD students — working on various geophysical themes such as lithology and fluid prediction from seismic data, pressure prediction from seismic data, time lapse seismic, gravimetric reservoir monitoring and carbonate seismics.
Professional activities and research
Professor Landrø was the coordinator for the EU-project ATLASS (Analysis of Time LapSe Seismic data) and the project lead in the first trials of 4-D seismic on the Gullfaks field (PETROMAKS 2005-2009). The qualifying and further development of this technology has led to improved recovery. Since 2009 Landrø has been the lead on a reseach project concerning improved mapping and monitoring of hydrocarbon reservoirs.
Landrø held research positions with SERES (86-89), SINTEF Petroleum (89-93) and Statoil (96-98), and was section manager at SINTEF Petroleum from 93-96.
Other activities of note include:
- Selected as a distinguished lecturer EAGE, 1997
- Recipient of the EAGE Petroleum Geoscience award for best paper, 2000.
- Member, Scientific Committee of the SEG Production and Development Forum, Taos, New Mexico, 24-29 Juni 2001.
- Awarded Best Paper in Geophysics, 2001.
- Selected Esso Distinguished Lecturer in Australia, 2003
- Recipient of the StatoilHydro Research prize, 2007
- Associate editor in Geophysics
- Recipient of the Eni Award, 2011
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Permeability variation with porosity, pore space geometry, and cement type: A case history from the Snøhvit field, the Barents Sea. Geophysics. vol. 80 (1).
- (2015) Variable source depth acquisition for improved marine broadband seismic data. Geophysics. vol. 80 (3).
- (2015) Gas hydrates. Part VI: Hydrates in the Arctic I. GeoExpro. vol. 12 (1).
- (2015) Gas hydrates. Part VII: Hydrates in the Arctic II. GeoExpro. vol. 12 (2).
- (2014) An alternative method for modeling close-range interactions between air guns. Geophysics. vol. 79 (2).
- (2014) Estimation of pressure-saturation changes for unconsolidated reservoir rocks with high Vp/Vs ratio. Geophysics. vol. 79 (5).
- (2014) Pressure effects caused by CO<sub>2</sub> injection in the Tubåen Fm., the Snøhvit field. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 27.
- (2014) CO2 saturation and thickness predictions in the Tubåen Fm., Snøhvit field, from analytical solution and time-lapse seismic data. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 29.
- (2014) Iceberg ploughmarks illuminated by shallow gas in the central North Sea. Quaternary Science Reviews. vol. 103.
- (2014) Is it optimal to tow air guns shallow to enhance low frequencies?. Geophysics. vol. 79 (3).
- (2014) Estimation of reservoir properties and gas saturation from shallow time-lapse FWI data for an old underground blowout. EAGE Expanded Abstracts.
- (2014) Using a pseudo-steady-state flow equation and 4D seismic traveltime shifts for estimation of pressure and saturation changes. Geophysics. vol. 79 (3).
- (2013) Estimation of bubble time period for air-gun clusters using potential isosurfaces. Geophysics. vol. 78 (4).
- (2013) Modeling close range air gun interactions using isosurfaces of the velocity potential. Society of Exploration Geophysicists. Expanded Abstracts with Biographies.
- (2013) Pressure effects caused by CO2 injection in the Snøhvit Field. First Break. vol. 31 (12).
- (2013) Rock physics estimation of cement type and impact on the permeability for the Snøhvit Field, the Barents Sea. Society of Exploration Geophysicists. Expanded Abstracts with Biographies.
- (2013) Time-lapse pressure-saturation discrimination for CO2 storage at the Snøhvit field. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 19.
- (2013) Sea-bed diffractions and their impact on 4D seismic data. Geophysical Prospecting. vol. 61.
- (2013) Repeatability issues of high-frequency signals emitted by air-gun arrays. Geophysics. vol. 78 (6).
- (2013) Ground-roll subtraction from common-shot gathers with significant trace-to-trace variations in the energy of random noise. Journal of Geophysics and Engineering. vol. 10 (6).