Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Cyclodextrin Reduces Cholesterol Crystal-Induced Inflammation by Modulating Complement Activation. Journal of Immunology.
- (2017) Complement activation by cholesterol crystals triggers a subsequent cytokine response. Molecular Immunology. vol. 84.
- (2016) The intracellular C5 system is critical to DAMP sensing and cellular responses in human monocytes. Immunobiology.
- (2016) Cholesterol crystals activate the lectin complement pathway via ficolin-2 and mannose-binding lectin: Implications for the progression of atherosclerosis. Journal of Immunology. vol. 196 (12).
- (2015) Reconstituted high-density lipoprotein attenuates cholesterol crystal-induced inflammatory responses by reducing complement activation. Journal of Immunology. vol. 195 (1).
- (2014) Cholesterol crystal-induced endothelial cell activation is complement-dependent and mediated by TNF. Immunobiology. vol. 219 (10).
- (2014) Cholesterol crystals induce complement-dependent inflammasome activation and cytokine release. Journal of Immunology. vol. 192 (6).
- (2013) Cholesterol crystals activate the complement system and are phagocytosed in a complement-dependent manner. Molecular Immunology. vol. 56 (3).
- (2013) Cholesterol crystals induce inflammasome activation and cytolcine release in a complement-dependent manner. Molecular Immunology. vol. 56 (3).
- (2012) Complement dependency of cholesterol crystal-induced inflammation - I. Pathway activation mechanisms, cytokine responses and endothelial cell activation. Immunobiology. vol. 217 (11).
- (2012) Complement dependency of cholesterol crystal-induced inflammation - II. Inflammasome activation and regulation mechanisms involving reconstituted high density lipoprotein (HDL) and C-reactive protein (CRP). Immunobiology. vol. 217 (11).
- (2015) Role of the complement system in inflammatory responses to cholesterol crystals. 2015. ISBN 978-82-326-0813-3.