Background and activities
Olav Bolland is a professor and department head at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology – NTNU. Thermal power generation and CO2 capture.
Fields of interest
Thermal power generation; gas and steam turbines, CO2 capture, particle technology, drying
Head of Department for Energy and Process Engineering, 2009-
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Prospects of using equilibrium-based column models in dynamic process simulation of post-combustion CO2 capture for coal-fired power plant. Fuel. vol. 202.
- (2017) Selection and design of post-combustion CO2 capture process for 600 MW natural gas fueled thermal power plant based on operability. Energy. vol. 121.
- (2016) A systematic approach to the modeling and simulation of a Sorption Enhanced Water Gas Shift (SEWGS) process for CO2 capture. Separation and Purification Technology. vol. 157.
- (2016) Determining the Potentials of PSA Processes for CO2 Capture in Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC). Energy Procedia. vol. 86.
- (2016) Pressure swing adsorption for coproduction of power and ultrapure H2 in an IGCC plant with CO2 capture. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 41 (25).
- (2015) Load-following performance of IGCC with integrated CO<sub>2</sub> capture using SEWGS pre-combustion technology. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 35.
- (2015) Comprehensive analysis on the performance of an IGCC plant with a PSA process integrated for CO2 capture. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 43.
- (2015) Evaluating Pressure Swing Adsorption as a CO2 separation technique in coal-fired power plants. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 39.
- (2014) Operability of Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle Power Plant with SEWGS Technology for Pre-combustion CO2 Capture. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2014) A CO2 Capture Technology Using Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes with Polyaspartamide Surfactant. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2014) Weight and power optimization of steam bottoming cycle for offshore oil and gas installations. Energy. vol. 76.
- (2014) Assessment of mass transfer correlations in rate-based modeling of a large-scale CO2 capture with MEA. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 26.
- (2014) Simulation of Post-combustion CO2 Capture System Using New Effective Interfacial Area Correlation. Energy Procedia. vol. 51.
- (2014) Full-plant analysis of a PSA CO2 capture unit integrated in coalfired power plants: post- and pre-combustion scenarios. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2013) Double loop circulating fluidized bed reactor system for two reaction processes, based on pneumatically controlled divided loop-seals and bottom extraction/lift. Powder Technology. vol. 246.
- (2013) Comparison of Costs for Natural gas Power Generation with CO2 Capture ☆. Energy Procedia. vol. 37.
- (2013) Design and off-design simulations of combined cycles for offshore oil and gas installations. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 54 (1).
- (2013) Cost and energy sensitivity analysis of absorber design in CO2 capture with MEA. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 19.
- (2013) Validation of mass transfer correlations for CO2 absorption with MEA using pilot data. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 19.
- (2013) Integration of low-temperature transcritical CO2 Rankine cycle in natural gas-fired combined cycle (NGCC) with post-combustion CO2 capture. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 12.