Raghavendra RamachandraProfessor Department of Information Security and Communication Technology Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
Background and activities
Raghavendra Ramachandra is working as a Professor in Department of Information Security and Communication Technology (IIK). He is member of Norwegian Biometrics Laboratory (http://nislab.no/biometrics_lab) at NTNU Gjøvik.
B.E (Electronics and Communication) from University of Mysore, India.
M.Tech (Digital Electronics and Advance Communication Systems) from Visvesvaraya Technological University, India.
Ph.D. (Computer Science with specialization of Pattern Recognition and Image Processing) from the University of Mysore, India and Telcom SudParis, Paris, France.
Pattern Recognition, Image and video analytics, Biometrics, Human Behaviour Anlaysis, Video Surviellance, Health Biometrics, Smartphone Authentication.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A new multi-modal approach to bib number/text detection and recognition in Marathon images. Pattern Recognition. vol. 61.
- (2017) Presentation Attack Detection Methods for Face Recognition Systems: A Comprehensive Survey. ACM Computing Surveys. vol. 50 (1).
- (2017) Multi-biometric template protection on smartphones: An approach based on binarized statistical features and bloom filters. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10125 LNCS.
- (2016) Multi-patch deep sparse histograms for iris recognition in visible spectrum using collaborative subspace for robust verification. Pattern Recognition Letters.
- (2016) Cross-Eyed - Cross-Spectral Iris/Periocular Recognition Database and Competition. Lecture Notes in Informatics. vol. P-260.
- (2015) Video Presentation Attack Detection in Visible Spectrum Iris Recognition Using Magnified Phase Information. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. vol. 10 (10).
- (2015) Smartphone based visible iris recognition using deep sparse filtering. Pattern Recognition Letters. vol. 57.
- (2015) Exploring the Usefulness of Light Field Camera for Biometrics : An Empirical Study on Face and Iris Recognition. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security.
- (2015) Presentation Attack Detection for Face Recognition Using Light Field Camera. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. vol. 24 (3).
- (2015) Robust Scheme for Iris Presentation Attack Detection Using Multiscale Binarized Statistical Image Features. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. vol. 10 (3-4).
- (2015) Texture based features for robust palmprint recognition: a comparative study. EURASIP Journal on Information Security. vol. 5.
- (2015) A new multi-modal technique for bib number/text detection in natural images. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9314.
- (2014) Novel image fusion scheme based on dependency measure for robust multispectral palmprint recognition. Pattern Recognition. vol. 47 (6).
- (2014) Presentation attack detection algorithm for face and iris biometrics. European Signal Processing Conference.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Face Presentation Attack Detection Across Spectrum using Time-Frequency Descriptors of Maximal Response in Laplacian Scale-Space. 2016 Sixth International Conference on Image Processing Theory, Tools and Applications (IPTA).
- (2017) Transferable deep convolutional neural network features for fingervein presentation attack detection. 2017 5th International Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics (IWBF).
- (2017) On the Vulnerability of Face Recognition Systems Towards Morphed Face Attacks. 2017 5th International Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics (IWBF).
- (2017) Assessing Face Image Quality for Smartphone based Face Recognition System. 2017 5th International Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics (IWBF).
- (2016) Biometric Recognition of Surgically Altered Periocular Region: A Comprehensive Study. 2016 International Conference on Biometrics (ICB) - Proceedings 13-16 June 2016 Halmstad, Sweden.
- (2016) Collaborative representation of deep sparse filtered features for robust verification of smartphone periocular images. 2016 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing(ICIP)-Proceedings.