Background and activities
- Energy systems, markets and infrastructure developments.
- Stochastic equilibrium modeling and algorithms.
- Global and regional natural gas and (bio)energy markets.
- Liquefied Natural Gas.
- Security of supply.
- Energy-Economic-Environmental modeling.
2013-present Associate Professor of Managerial Economics, NTNU
2010-present Scientific Researcher, SINTEF Applied Economics and Operations Research, Trondheim
2013-present, Research Fellow, DIW Berlin (The German Institute for Economic Research)
2010-2013 Postdoc, Industrial Economics and Technology Management, NTNU
2005-2010 PhD, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland, USA
2002-2005 Scientific Researcher, Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands, Amsterdam, NLD
1998-2002 Operations Research Consultant, ORTEC Consultants b.v., Gouda, NLD
1991-1997 Masters of Business Econometrics, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, NLD
Microeconomics TIØ 4117 (and Investment Analysis), TIØ 4116, (Fall 2013, 2014, 2015) http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/TIØ4117
Experts in Team, TIØ 4855, (Spring 2014, 2015, 2016) http://www.ntnu.no/eit/tio4855
- Ulf Johansson, PhD Candidate at NTNU, main supervisor
- Zhonghua Su, PhD Candidate at NTNU, co-supervisor
- Hector Maranon-Ledesma, PhD Candidate at NTNU, co-supervisor
- Several master student groups at NTNU.
PhD Defense committees:
- Daniel Huppmann, June 2014, DIW Graduate Center / TU Berlin.
- Tobias Baltensperger, Sept 2015, ETH Zurich
- Pao-Yu Oei, Dec 2015, TU Berlin
Research profiles online:
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2015) A global perspective on the future of natural gas: Resources, trade, and climate constraints. Review of Environmental Economics and Policy. vol. 9 (1).
- (2014) Market power, fuel substitution and infrastructure - A large-scale equilibrium model of global energy markets. Energy. vol. 75.
- (2014) Stochastic Mixed-Integer Programming for Integrated Portfolio Planning in the LNG Supply Chain. Energy Journal. vol. 35 (1).
- (2013) Benders Decomposition for multi-stage stochastic mixed complementarity problems - Applied to a global natural gas market model. European Journal of Operational Research. vol. 226 (2).
- (2013) Drivers, trends, and uncertainty in long-term price projections for energy management in public buildings. Energy Policy. vol. 62.
- (2012) Cartelization in Gas Markets: Studying the Potential for a “Gas OPEC”. Energy Economics. vol. 34 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2015) BLOMST - An Optimization Model for the Bioenergy Supply Chain. Handbook of Bioenergy.
- (2014) Feasibility of Linear Decision Rules for Hydropower Scheduling. 2014 International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power Systems (PMAPS).
- (2012) Investigating a CO2 Tax and a Nuclear Phase Out with a Multi-Fuel Market Equilibrium Model. 2012 9th International Conference on the European Energy Market (EEM 2012).
- (2015) Challenges in Stochastic Equilibrium Modeling for Energy Markets. Automatic Control Seminar . ETH; Zurich. 2015-09-10 - 2015-09-10.
- (2015) Risk aversion in imperfect natural gas market - Shale gas investment in Poland and Ukraine. 17th British-French-German (BFG) Conference on Optimization . Imperial College London; London. 2015-06-16 - 2015-06-16.
- (2014) Practical insights from a global multi-energy market and infrastructure model. CenSES Årskonferanse 2014 . CenSES; Oslo. 2014-12-04 - 2014-12-05.
- (2014) Role of China in the world gas market. China Energy Forum 2014 ; 2014-10-02 - 2014-10-03.
- (2013) An SCGE model integrating the energy system and the regional economy. CREE meets CenSES . Frisch Center; Oslo. 2013-10-24 - 2013-10-24.
- (2012) A rolling horizon heuristic for optimal trading in the LNG spot market. The Fifth Nordic Optimization Symposium . NTNU; Trondheim. 2012-06-07 - 2012-06-09.
- (2011) The Value of Flexibility and Optimal Trading Strategies in the LNG Supply Chain. INFORMS . INFORMS; Charlotte, NC. 2011-11-13 - 2011-11-16.