Background and activities
Milestones in Scientific Career
- 1993: Master of Science in Applied Mathematics, St. Petersburg State University, Russia. Supervisor: Professor A.S. Matveev;
- 1997: PhD in Applied Mathematics, Dept. of Theoretical Cybernetics, St. Petersburg State University, Russia. Supervisor: Professor V.A. Yakubovich
- 1998-99: Postdoctoral fellow, Dept. of Engineering Cybernetics, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway, 1998 - 1999.
- 2000-2003: Assistant and Associate Professor at the Maersk Mc-Kinney Møller Institute for Production Technology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense.
- 2003: A.Shiriaev was ranked the number 1 among 25 candidates for the position of Research Associate of the 1st Class (CR 1) at the open 2003 concurs of Centre National de la Recherché Scientifique (CNRS, France), the section: informatics, automation and signal processing
- Since September 2003: Professor (full time) at the Department of Applied Physics and Electronics, Umeå University, Umea, Sweden
- Since August 2009: Professor (full time) at the Department of Engineering Cybernetics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) A dynamic human motion: coordination analysis. Biological cybernetics. vol. 109 (1).
- (2014) Robustness of the Moore-Greitzer Compressor Model's Surge Subsystem with New Dynamic Output Feedback Controllers. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2014) On existence of oscillations in hybrid systems. Nonlinear Analysis. Hybrid Systems.. vol. 12 (1).
- (2014) Dynamics-consistent motion planning for underactuated ships using virtual holonomic constraints. OCEANS.
- (2014) Increasing the Level of Automation in the Forestry Logging Process with Crane Trajectory Planning and Control. Journal of Field Robotics. vol. 31 (3).
- (2014) Controlled invariants and trajectory planning for underactuated mechanical systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control. vol. 59 (9).
- (2013) Conditions of Existence of Oscillations for Hybrid Systems. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 9 (1).
- (2013) Stable Walking Gaits for a Three-Link Planar Biped Robot With One Actuator. IEEE transactions on robotics and automation. vol. 29 (3).
- (2013) Integrated Time-Optimal Trajectory Planning and Control Design for Industrial Robot Manipulator. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems. Proceedings.
- (2013) Analytic parameterization of stabilizing controllers for the surge subsystem of the Moore-Greitzer compressor model. American Control Conference (ACC).
- (2013) A remark on Controlled Lagrangian approach. European Journal of Control. vol. 19 (6).
- (2013) Controlled Invariants and Trajectory Planning for Underactuated Mechanical Systems. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision & Control, including the Symposium on Adaptive Processes.
- (2013) Virtual Environment-Based Teleoperation of Forestry Machines: Designing Future Interaction Methods. Journal of Human-Robot Interaction. vol. 2 (3).
- (2012) Observer-based strictly positive real (SPR) variable structure output feedback control. Variable Structure Systems (VSS), 2012 12th International Workshop on.
- (2012) A Remark on Controlled Lagrangian Approach for Completely Integrable Mechanical Systems. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 4 (1).
- (2012) Pair-wise multicomparison and OPLS analyses of cold-acclimation phases in Siberian spruce. Metabolomics. vol. 8 (1).
- (2011) On generating pre-defined periodic motions in underactuated mechanical systems: the cart-pendulum example. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2011) Ball-Pitching Challenge with an Underactuated Two-Link Robot Arm. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 18 (1).
- (2011) Periodic motion planning and nonlinear Hinf tracking control of a 30DOF underactuated helicopter. International Journal of Systems Science. vol. 42 (5).
- (2011) Nonlinear output feedback Hinf-tracking control of a 3-DOF underactuated helicopter. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.