Siver Andreas MoestueAssociate Professor Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children´s and Women´s Health Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging
email@example.com +47 73551353 +47 91111174
Background and activities
Dr. Siver A. Moestue earned his PhD at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). He is currently a postdoctoral research fellow at the MR Centre, NTNU, on a personal research grant from the Norwegian Cancer Society. Trained a MSc. Pharm at the University of Oslo, he started his career as a preclinical researcher in GE Healthcare. Here, he was involved in development of molecularly targeted contrast agents for SPECT/PET, and development of the Sonazoid® microbubble. In his current research, Dr. Moestue is investigating the use of MRI and MRS in cancer therapy monitoring, with special focus on metabolic biomarkers.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Inhibition of O-GlcNAc transferase activity reprograms prostate cancer cell metabolism. OncoTarget. vol. 7 (11).
- (2016) Anti-vascular effects of the cytosolic phospholipase A2 inhibitor AVX235 in a patient-derived basal-like breast cancer model. BMC Cancer. vol. 16 (191).
- (2015) Detection of colorectal polyps in humans using an intravenously administered fluorescent peptide targeted against c-Met. Nature Medicine. vol. 21 (8).
- (2015) MRI Reveals the in Vivo Cellular and Vascular Response to BEZ235 in Ovarian Cancer Xenografts with Different PI3-Kinase Pathway Activity. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 112 (3).
- (2015) In vivo 31P MRSI for metabolic profiling of human breast cancer xenografts. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. vol. 41 (3).
- (2014) Quantitative 31P HR-MAS MR spectroscopy for detection of response to PI3K/mTOR inhibition in breast cancer xenografts. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. vol. 71 (6).
- (2014) Interplay of choline metabolites and genes in patient-derived breast cancer xenografts. Breast Cancer Research. vol. 16 (1).
- (2013) Metabolic biomarkers for response to PI3K inhibition in basal-like breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research. vol. 15 (1:R16).
- (2013) Low-molecular contrast agent DCE-MRI and DW-MRI in early assessment of bevacizumab treatment in breast cancer xenografts. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. vol. 38 (5).
- (2012) Glycerophosphocholine (GPC) is a poorly understood biomarker in breast cancer. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 109 (38).
- (2011) MRS and MRSI guidance in molecular medicine: targeting and monitoring of choline and glucose metabolism in cancer. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 24 (6).
- (2010) Distinct choline metabolic profiles are associated with differences in gene expression for basal-like and luminal-like breast cancer xenograft models. BMC Cancer. vol. 10.