Background and activities
- Professor in Clinical Research with a strong interest in how studies should be planned, executed, analyzed and published so that the results presented can be trusted
- Consultant in endocrinology with a special interest in pituitary diseases, polycystic ovary syndrome, diabetes including gestational diabetes and the endocrinology of pregnancy
- Head of the research group Artificial Pancreas Trondheim (APT) which aim at developing a robust closed-loop glucose control system for patients with diabetes mellitus type 1 and 2 and for intensive-care patients
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Does AMH reflect follicle number similarly in women with and without PCOS?. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (1).
- (2016) Intraperitoneal Glucose Sensing is Sometimes Surprisingly Rapid. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 37 (2).
- (2016) Preoperative octreotide therapy and surgery in acromegaly: associations between glucose homeostasis and treatment response. Endocrine (Basingstoke). vol. 51 (2).
- (2016) Impact of sex and age on the performance of FINDRISC: the HUNT Study in Norway. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 4 (1).
- (2016) Cervical length and androgens in pregnant women with polycystic ovary syndrome: Has metformin any effect?. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 101 (6).
- (2016) Hemoglobin A1c as screening for gestational diabetes mellitus in Nordic Caucasian women. Diabetology and Metabolic Syndrome. vol. 8:43.
- (2016) The Artificial Pancreas: A Dynamic Challenge. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (7).
- (2015) Preoperative octreotide therapy and surgery in acromegaly: associations between glucose homeostasis and treatment response. Endocrine (Basingstoke). vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2015) Minimally invasive decompression versus open laminectomy for central stenosis of the lumbar spine: pragmatic comparative effectiveness study. BMJ (British Medical Journal). vol. 350.
- (2015) HbA1c as screening for gestational diabetes mellitus in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. BMC Endocrine Disorders. vol. 15 (1).
- (2015) Using the likelihood ratio to evaluate allowable total error - An example with glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c). Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. vol. 53 (9).
- (2014) The effect of exercise and metformin treatment on circulating free DNA in pregnancy. Placenta. vol. 35 (12).
- (2014) Preoperative octreotide treatment of acromegaly: Long-term results of a randomised controlled trial. European Journal of Endocrinology. vol. 171 (2).
- (2014) Self-reported cardiovascular disease and the risk of lung cancer, the HUNT study. Journal of Thoracic Oncology. vol. 9 (7).
- (2014) Androgens and hyperemesis gravidarum: A case-control study. European Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology. vol. 175 (1).
- (2014) Gestational diabetes mellitus among Nordic Caucasian women: Prevalence and risk factors according to WHO and simplified IADPSG criteria. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. vol. 74 (7).
- (2014) Maternal and fetal insulin levels at birth in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: Data from a randomized controlled study on metformin. European Journal of Endocrinology. vol. 170 (5).
- (2014) Comparative effectiveness of microdecompression and laminectomy for central lumbar spinal stenosis: Study protocol for an observational study. BMJ Open. vol. 4 (3).
- (2014) Midpregnancy doppler ultrasound of the uterine artery in metformin- versus placebo-treated PCOS women: A randomized trial. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 99 (3).
- (2013) Bone mass density, fracture history, self-reported osteoporosis as proxy variables for estrogen and the risk of non-small-cell lung cancer : a population based cohort study, the HUNT study: are proxy variables friends or faults?. Lung Cancer. vol. 81 (1).