Background and activities
Interests and engagements
I am currently director of the Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre (UTC) "Performance in a Seaway", see www.ntnu.no/imt/forskning/rolls_royce for more information.
I am one of two members of the standing committee of Symposium of Marine Propulsors
I am engaged in the planning of the new marine technology research center in Trondheim - www.oceanspacecentre.no/
I am coordinator for the hydrodynamic laboratories in the Department of Marine Technology.
Other topics of interest are:
- Model test techniques
- Resistance and propulsion
- Seakeeping of ships, including propulsion in waves
- Performance of high speed marine vehichles, especially air cushion catamaran
I am lecturing the following courses:
- TMR 4220 Naval Hydrodynamics - Spring-term course for Msc-students, covering resistance, propulsion and manoeuvring of ships.
- TMR 4217 Hydrodynamics of high speed marine vehicles Spring-term Msc-course covering all aspects of hydrodynamic performance of high speed marine vehicles.
- TMR4247 Marin Teknikk 3 - (in norwegian) - the part of the course covering resistance and propulsion
- TMR7 Experimental methods in marine hydrodynamics - module in the final year of Msc, included in TMR4300 and TMR4525.
- Phd course MR8306 Hydrodynamics of marine structures 2
- Doktorgradskurs MR8308 Advanced experimental methods in marine hydrodynamics