Postal addressDepartment of Marine Technology Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Interests and engagementsI am currently director of the Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre (UTC) "Performance in a Seaway", see www.ntnu.no/imt/forskning/rolls_royce for more information. A related activity is the Research Council sponsored research project on propulsion in a seaway - SeaPro www.ntnu.no/imt/forskning/seapro
I am currently engaged in the planning of the new marine technology research center in Trondheim - www.worldoceanspace.com
I am coordinator for the hydrodynamic laboratories in the Department of Marine Technology.
Other topics of interest are:
- Model test techniques
- Resistance and propulsion
- Performance of high speed marine vehichles, especially air cushion catamaran
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Experiments with actively pitch-controlled and spring-loaded oscillating foils. Applied Ocean Research. volum 48.
- (2014) Assessment of profit, cost and emissions for slender bulk vessel designs. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. volum 29.
- (2013) Speed loss of a vessel sailing in oblique waves. Ocean Engineering. volum 64.
- (2013) Verification and validation of numerical calculation of ship resistance and flow field of a large tanker. Ships and Offshore Structures. volum 8 (1).
- (2013) Rolling of a transport barge in irregular seas, a comparison of motion analyses and model tests. Marine Systems & Ocean Technology. volum 8 (1).
- (2012) Numerical calculations of propeller shaft loads on azimuth propulsors in oblique inflow. Journal of Marine Science and Technology. volum 17 (4).
- (2012) Theoretical and experimental investigation of propeller shaft loads in transient conditions. International Shipbuilding Progress. volum 59 (1-2).
- (2012) Experimental and Numerical Study of Stem Shape Influence on Speed Loss in Waves. Ship Technology Research. volum 59 (2).
- (2012) Speed loss due to seakeeping and maneuvering in zigzag motion. Ocean Engineering. volum 48.
- (2012) Seakeeping prediction of KVLCC2 in head waves with RANS. Applied Ocean Research. volum 35.
- (2012) Identification and Analysis of Full Scale Ventilation Events. International Journal of Rotating Machinery. volum 2012.
- (2011) Experimental and Theoretical Analysis of Propeller Shaft Loads in Oblique Inflow. Journal of Ship Research. volum 55 (4).
- (2011) Shaft Loads on Azimuth Propulsors in Oblique Flow and Waves. International Journal of Maritime Engineering. volum 153 (A1).
- (2011) Identification of ventilation regimes of a marine propeller by means of dynamic-loads analysis. Ocean Engineering. volum 38 (14-15).
- (2011) Numerical simulations of a fully-submerged propeller subject to ventilation. Ocean Engineering. volum 38 (14-15).
- (2011) EVALUATION OF ADDED RESISTANCE OF KVLCC2 IN SHORT WAVES. Journal of Hydrodynamics. volum 23 (6).
- (2009) Experiments on the stability and drag of a flexible sheet under in-plane tension in uniform flow. Journal of Fluids and Structures. volum 25 (5).
- (1995) Cobblestone effect on SES with flexible bag aft seal. Journal of Ship Research. volum 39 (1).
- (2010) Ducted and open propeller subjected to intermittent ventilation. 2010. ISBN 978-83-931045-0-5.
- (2009) The First International Symposium on Marine Propulsors : smp'09 : proceedings of smp : Royal Garden Hotel, Trondheim, Norway, 22-24 of June, 2009. 2009. ISBN 978-82-7174-264-5. ABM-skrift (-).