Reliability and Safety Studies
at NTNU / SINTEF
Welcome to the web pages of the ROSS Gemini Centre at NTNU and SINTEF.
ROSS is an acronym for the Norwegian title "Risiko- og sårbarhetsstudier" that may be translated into "Reliability and Safety Studies". ROSS was established as a Gemini Centre in December 2007.
The ROSS web site contains a lot of information about:
- RAMS and SHE research, including scientific books, articles, reports, and presentations held by the members of the Gemini Centre. RAMS is an acronym for "Reliability, Availability, Maintenance, and Safety" while SHE is an acronym for "Safety, Health, and Environment".
- Study programs and courses, such as the RAMS International Master Program.
- Information about the members of the Gemini Centre, links to their home pages, and contact information.
- External resource pages, including links to RAMS and SHE-related scientific conferences, standards, and other universities.
The ROSS Gemini Centre is a collaboration between seven units at NTNU and SINTEF:
- Safety Research, SINTEF Technology and Society
Contact Research Director Stian Antonsen
- RAMS Group, Department of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
Contact Professor Jørn Vatn
- SHE Group, Department of Industrial Economy and Technology Management, NTNU
Contact Associate Professor Eirik Albrechtsen
- Marine Systems Group, Department of Marine Technology, NTNU
Contact Professor Ingrid Bouwer Utne
- Electric Power Systems, SINTEF Energy Research
Contact Senior Research Scientist/Professor Gerd Kjølle
- Center for Safety and Human Factors, Department of Psychology, NTNU
Contact Professor Britt-Marie Drottz Sjøberg
- Studio Apertura, NTNU Samfunnsforskning AS
Contact Professor Per Morten Schieflo
Electric Power Systems, RIPENSA, and Studio Apertura joined the Centre in January 2011. Several other departments at NTNU and SINTEF are associated to the ROSS Gemini Centre.
Click here to view the annual report that sums up the ROSS activities in 2011.
"Sikkerhet må skapes og gjenskapes hver dag. Det finnes ingen endelige løsninger" is a booklet in Norwegian with highlights from the ROSS Gemini Centre. You may download the booklet as pdf-files.