Reliability and Safety Studies
at NTNU / SINTEF
Welcome to the web pages of the ROSS Gemini Centre at NTNU and SINTEF.
ROSS is an acronym for the Norwegian title "Risiko- og sårbarhetsstudier" and may be translated into "Reliability and Safety Studies". ROSS was established as a Gemini Centre in 2007.
The ROSS Gemini Centre carries out basic and applied research projects and offers courses for students and the industry.
The ROSS Gemini Centre is a collaboration between several research groups at NTNU and SINTEF:
- RAMS Group, Department of Production and Quality Engineering
- Marine Systems Group, Department of Marine Technology
- SHE Group, Department of Industrial Economy and Technology Management
- Center for Safety and Human Factors, Department of Psychology
- Studio Apertura, NTNU Samfunnsforskning AS
ROSS courses and study programs
ROSS members are responsible for two two-years master programs:
- An International master program in RAMS (lectured in English)
[RAMS is an acronym for Reliability, Availability, Maintenance, and Safety]
- A Master program in Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE), (lectured in Norwegian)
In addition, ROSS provides a range of courses to several study programs at NTNU and as continuation education for industry.
Eirik Albrechtsen, Chairman of the ROSS Gemini Centre