TDT4210 - Healthcare Informatics
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2016/2017
The health services sector is very information- and knowledge intensive. In addition, it is exceptionally large, complex and dynamic. The computerized patient record is an important clinical tool, and its content, structure and usage is discussed i depth. Further themes are coding, record standards, plans, requirements and legal issues, functionality, usability, computer-supported cooperation, decision support and guidelines.
Candidates will hace knowledge of:
- Taxonomies of different information systems that are used in health care.
- Methodologies for modelling information.
- Methodologies for modelling clinical processes.
- Ethics and use of information systems in health care.
- Evaluation of information systems in health care.
- Modell ontologies.
- Modell clinical processes using BPMN.
- Evaluate clinical information systems.
- Give an overview of the use of ICT in health care, both with respect to the advantages and the disadvantages.
Learning methods and activities
Lectures, programming laboratory, projects, theoretical assignments. The final grade will be the result of a portfolio evaluation, where the final exam will have 70% weight and other work 30%. The parts will be graded on a 0 - 100 points scale, the weighted result will be on the usal A - F scale. The course can be held in English if international students attend. The text for the written final exam will be in English. The candidates may choose to write their answers in either English or Norwegian. If there is a re-sit examination, the examination form may change from written to oral.
Exam registration requires that class registration is approved in the same semester. Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Recommended previous knowledge
Some knowledge about medicine and healthcare. Basic informatics competence, including software engineering, information systems and modelling.
Textbook, articles, lecture notes and other material.
If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.