MSc in Petroleum Engineering/MSc in Petroleum Geosciences
- About the programmes
Are you interested in the exploration and production of oil and gas? Would you like to develop knowledge crucial to value creation and the safe, efficient and environmentally-friendly exploration of the natural resources on the continental shelf?
Photo: Platform leg, Åsgard. OLF
These two international Master programmes are taught in English, and fully integrates Norwegian and foreign students. All courses award 7.5 ECTS credits.
The programmes focus on the following areas of activity:
- Exploration and production of oil and gas on the Norwegian continental shelf
- Methods for increased oil recovery factor
- Develop platform solutions and subsea production equipment for great water depths
- Demands for environmental considerations in the northern regions.
Specialization can be obtained within the areas drilling technology, petroleum production, reservoir technology, petroleum geology/geophysics, seismology and reservoir seismology. Examples of specialization could be:
- Interpretation of geological data from an oil company
- Modelling of processes within our fields with calibration tests in the laboratory
- Evaluation of practical problems in offshore operations.
Facts about the programmes
International Master's (MSc) / 2 years
Language of instruction: English
Number of students admitted:
Petroleum Engineering: 28
Petroleum Geosciences: 21
Engineering Science and Technology
International Master's Application Deadlines
1 MARCH (15 APRIL)*
The 1 March (15 April)* application deadline may apply if you have a bachelor's degree from Norway/Nordic country or are a Norwegian/Nordic citizen.
*Refer to these admission procedures for more information.
The application deadline has passed. Next round of admission opens autumn 2014.
**Self-financed and Quota Scheme
Questions about your international master's application?
Having trouble with your online application for our international Master's of Science programmes? Wondering when the deadlines are, or what kind of language requirements to be fullfilled? We have answered all these questions and more in our FAQs.