(MSc in) Petroleum Engineering/Petroleum Geosciences
New student 2017
14 - 20 August: Orientation week
We strongly encourage all new international students to attend Orientation Week 14 - 20 August. It is an ideal opportunity for you to get to know NTNU and Trondheim.
Norwegian students admitted to an international Master’s programme are not required to attend the Orientation week activities for new international students. However, Norwegian students are required to attend the matriculation ceremony on 16 August, since the matriculation ceremony is compulsory for all new students.
16 August: Matriculation ceremony
Matriculation ceremony part I:
- Time: 09.30
- Place: Gløshaugen Campus
Matriculation ceremony part II:
- Time: 12.00
- Place: Aud. S7
About the programme
The programmes focus on the following areas of activity:
- Exploration and production of oil and gas on the Norwegian continental shelf
- Methods for increased oil recovery factor
- Develop platform solutions and subsea production equipment for great water depths
- Demands for environmental considerations in the northern regions.
Specialization can be obtained within the areas drilling technology, petroleum production, reservoir technology, petroleum geology/geophysics, seismology and reservoir seismology. Examples of specialization could be:
- Interpretation of geological data from an oil company
- Modelling of processes within our fields with calibration tests in the laboratory
- Evaluation of practical problems in offshore operations.
1 December 2017
EU / EEA / Norwegian students:
1 March 2018