(MSc in) Petroleum Engineering/Petroleum Geosciences
The programmes focus on the following areas of activity:
- Exploration and production of oil and gas on the Norwegian continental shelf
- Methods for increased oil recovery factor
- Develop platform solutions and subsea production equipment for great water depths
- Demands for environmental considerations in the northern regions.
Specialization can be obtained within the areas drilling technology, petroleum production, reservoir technology, petroleum geology/geophysics, seismology and reservoir seismology. Examples of specialization could be:
- Interpretation of geological data from an oil company
- Modelling of processes within our fields with calibration tests in the laboratory
- Evaluation of practical problems in offshore operations.
Facts about the programmes
Degree: Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering/Petroleum Geosciences (MSc)
Duration: 2 years, 120 ECTS
Programme codes: MSG1, MSG2
Language of instruction: English
Engineering Science and Technology
Validity of information: 2016/2017
Questions about your international master's application?
Having trouble with your online application for our international Master's of Science programmes? Wondering when the deadlines are, or what kind of language requirements to be fulfilled? We have answered all these questions and more in our FAQs.