MSc in Sustainable Energy
- About the programme
This is a newly established programme ment to fullfill the requirement in the cooperation between Shanghai Jiao Tong University and NTNU concerning a «Joint Research Centre». The research areas of the cooperation are as follows, and implemented in the Master's programme:
- Energy system analysis and optimization
- Energy use in buildings/Zero emission buildings
- Sustainable Heat Pumping Processes and Systems
- Gas technology (LNG technology)
In the start-up period of the programme, only the study track "Sustainable Heat Pumping Processes and Systems" will be offered. Therefore, the information on this web page is limited to that study track. The aim of the programme is to develop study tracks related to the remaining research areas in the coming year. These study tracks may be offered from 2015.
The program is a two year international full time Master Degree programme (120 ECTS credits). It is targeted towards both Norwegian and international students, with a variety of academic and cultural backgrounds. All courses are 7.5 ECTS credits and given in English.
Key facts about the programme:
- New programme starting in August 2013
- 2 year International Master Programme
- Requirements: BSC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering/Energy and Environmental Engineering
- All courses given in English
- Required TOEFL score 600/90
- NTNU is Norway's top ranked engineering university, and the only university in Norway to offer a complete engineering programme.
- No tuition or administrative fees
- Expected living and housing costs per year: approx 90.000 NOK (proof of funds required to get visa)
- The job market for mechanical engineering graduates in Norway is excellent
- Top students are encouraged to apply!
Application deadline: December 1st (preliminary) and February 1st (final)
Host department: Department of Energy and Process Engineering
Question about your international Master's application?
Having trouble with your online application for our international Master of Science programme? Wondering when the deadlines are, or what kind of language requirements must be fulfilled? We have answered all these questions and more in our FAQ.
NTNU, Department of Energy and Process Engineering, Kolbørn Hejes vei 1B, NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway
Phone: (+47) 73 59 38 60
Office of International Relations:
International Master's programme - admission Autumn 2014
The preliminary application form will be made available online in October 2013. Note that admission procedures vary depending upon your educational background: