MSc in Sustainable Energy
About the programme
As a student at the Master's programme in Sustainable Energy, you will see what possibilities there are to reduce our energy consumption and thereby reduce our global CO2 emissions.
Over the past 40 years there has been abundance of cheap energy in our part of the western world, and there has been little focus on energy savings from the suppliers' side. Reports from the International Energy Agency (IEA) show that the end use of energy is now one of the key areas for reducing CO2 emissions.
The programme is a two year international full time Master Degree programme (120 ECTS credits). It is targeted towards both Norwegian and international students, with a variety of academic and cultural backgrounds. All courses are 7.5 ECTS credits and given in English.
The Master's programme has the following two study directions:
- Energy use in Buildings
- Sustainable Heat Pumping Processes and Systems
Key facts about the programme
- 2 year International Master Programme
- Requirements: BSC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering/Energy and Environmental Engineering
- All courses given in English
- Required TOEFL score 600/90
- NTNU is Norway's top ranked engineering university, and the only university in Norway to offer a complete engineering programme.
- No tuition or administrative fees
- Expected living and housing costs per year: approx 90.000 NOK (proof of funds required to get visa)
- The job market for mechanical engineering graduates in Norway is excellent
- Top students are encouraged to apply!
Host department: Department of Energy and Process Engineering
Questions about your international Master's application?
Having trouble with your online application for our international Master of Science programme? Wondering when the deadlines are, or what kind of language requirements must be fulfilled? We have answered all these questions and more in our FAQ.
Facts about the programme
Degree: Master of Science in Engineering
Duration: 2 years, 120 ECTS
Programme code: MSSE
Number of students admitted: 10
Language of instruction: English
Location: Trondheim, Gløshaugen
Engineering Science and Technology
Energy and Process Engineering
Validity of information: 2016/2017