MSc in Sustainable Energy
- About the programme
This is a newly established programme ment to fullfill the requirement in the cooperation between Shanghai Jiao Tong University and NTNU concerning a «Joint Research Centre». The research areas of the cooperation are as follows, and implemented in the Master's programme:
- Energy system analysis and optimization
- Energy use in buildings/Zero emission buildings
- Sustainable Heat Pumping Processes and Systems
- Gas technology (LNG technology)
In the start-up period of the programme, only the study track "Sustainable Heat Pumping Processes and Systems" will be offered. Therefore, the information on this web page is limited to that study track. The aim of the programme is to develop study tracks related to the remaining research areas in the coming year. These study tracks may be offered from 2015.
The program is a two year international full time Master Degree programme (120 ECTS credits). It is targeted towards both Norwegian and international students, with a variety of academic and cultural backgrounds. All courses are 7.5 ECTS credits and given in English.
Key facts about the programme:
- New programme starting in August 2013
- 2 year International Master Programme
- Requirements: BSC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering/Energy and Environmental Engineering
- All courses given in English
- Required TOEFL score 600/90
- NTNU is Norway's top ranked engineering university, and the only university in Norway to offer a complete engineering programme.
- No tuition or administrative fees
- Expected living and housing costs per year: approx 90.000 NOK (proof of funds required to get visa)
- The job market for mechanical engineering graduates in Norway is excellent
- Top students are encouraged to apply!
Application deadline: December 1st (preliminary) and February 1st (final)
Host department: Department of Energy and Process Engineering
Question about your international Master's application?
Having trouble with your online application for our international Master of Science programme? Wondering when the deadlines are, or what kind of language requirements must be fulfilled? We have answered all these questions and more in our FAQ.
International Master's Application Deadlines
The online application is now open for self-financed and Quota Scheme applicants. Please note that for admission in 2015 there is no preliminary application. There is only one application, and all relevant documentation must be uploaded by the deadline 15 January.
1 MARCH (15 APRIL)*
Al later application deadline may apply if you have a bachelor's degree from Norway/Nordic country or are a Norwegian/Nordic citizen. *Please refer to these admission procedures for more information.
NTNU, Department of Energy and Process Engineering, Kolbørn Hejes vei 1B, NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway
Phone: (+47) 73 59 38 60
Office of International Relations: