Antonius T. J. van Helvoort
Background and activities
Field of expertise
- Electron microscopy, especially transmission electron microscopy (TEM)
- Electron diffraction and spectroscopy (EELS and EDS)
- Advanced TEM data processing
- Focus ion beam (FIB)
- Nanotechnology and nanomaterials
- Solid state physics
- Semiconductor nanowires
- TFY4330 Nanoverktøy
- TFY4255 Materials Physics
- TFY4330 Nanotools
- TFY14/FY3114 Functional Materials
- FY8102 Electron Microscopy and diffraction
- TFY4853 EIT_Nanoteknologi
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Nanocrystal segmentation in scanning precession electron diffraction data. Journal of Microscopy.
- (2019) Unsupervised machine learning applied to scanning precession electron diffraction data. Advanced Structural and Chemical Imaging. vol. 5 (3).
- (2019) FIB lift-out of conducting ferroelectric domain walls in hexagonal manganites. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 115 (12).
- (2019) Epitaxially grown III-arsenide-antimonide nanowires for optoelectronic applications. Nanotechnology. vol. 30 (29).
- (2019) Stabilisation of amorphous calcium phosphate in polyethylene glycol hydrogels. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 90.
- (2019) Scanning Precession Electron Diffraction to aid Aluminum Alloy Development. Microscopy and Microanalysis. vol. 25.
- (2019) Crystallographic relationships of T-/S-phase aggregates in an Al–Cu–Mg–Ag alloy. Acta Materialia. vol. 166.
- (2019) In-situ observations of dislocation recovery and low angle boundary formation in deformed aluminium. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1270 (1).
- (2018) Structural Characterization of Natural Quartz by Scanning TEM. Microscopy and Microanalysis. vol. 24.
- (2018) Using FIB-SEM as a Platform for the Positioning and Correlated Characterization of III-V Nanowires. Microscopy and Microanalysis. vol. 24.
- (2018) Selective area growth of AlGaN nanopyramid arrays on graphene by metal-organic vapor phase epitaxy. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 133 (26).
- (2018) Single-mode near-infrared lasing in a GaAsSb-based nanowire superlattice at room temperature. Nano letters (Print). vol. 18 (4).
- (2018) The evolution of precipitate crystal structures in an Al-Mg-Si(-Cu) alloy studied by a combined HAADF-STEM and SPED approach. Materials Characterization. vol. 142.
- (2018) Crystal Phase Mapping by Scanning Precession Electron Diffraction and Machine Learning Decomposition. Microscopy and Microanalysis. vol. 24.
- (2017) Determination of GaAs zinc blende/wurtzite band offsets utilizing GaAs nanowires with an axial GaAsSb insert. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 122 (24).
- (2017) Nanoscale Strain Tomography by Scanning Precession Electron Diffraction. Microscopy and Microanalysis. vol. 23.
- (2017) Growth study of self-assembled GaN nanocolumns on silica glass by plasma assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Journal of Crystal Growth. vol. 480.
- (2017) Evaluating focused ion beam patterning for position-controlled nanowire growth using computer vision. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 902 (1).
- (2017) Scanning Precession Electron Diffraction Study of Hybrid Precipitates in a 6xxx Series Aluminium Alloy. Microscopy and Microanalysis. vol. 23 (S1).
- (2016) Effect of V/III ratio on the structural and optical properties of self-catalysed GaAs nanowires. Nanotechnology. vol. 27 (44).