Background and activities
- Bigdata Cybernetics: Combining data-driven methods with control theory
- Hybrid Analytics / Modeling: Combining physics based modeling with advanced machine learning algorithms
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Reduced Order Modeling
- Computational Fluid Dynamics and Turbulence Modelling
- Numerical Methods
- Wind Energy
- Autonomous Vessels
- Drones in urban area
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Fast divergence-conforming reduced basis methods for steady Navier–Stokes flow. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. vol. 346.
- (2019) Finite-Volume High-Fidelity Simulation Combined with Finite-Element-Based Reduced-Order Modeling of Incompressible Flow Problems. Energies. vol. 12 (7).
- (2019) Numerical investigation of modeling frameworks and geometric approximations on NREL 5 MW wind turbine. Renewable Energy. vol. 132.
- (2018) Data-driven deconvolution for large eddy simulations of Kraichnan turbulence. Physics of Fluids. vol. 30 (12).
- (2018) Subgrid modelling for two-dimensional turbulence using neural networks. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 858.
- (2018) A Hybrid Analytics Paradigm Combining Physics-Based Modeling and Data-Driven Modeling to Accelerate Incompressible Flow Solvers. Fluids. vol. 3 (3).
- (2018) A Hybrid Approach for Model Order Reduction of Barotropic Quasi-Geostrophic Turbulence. Fluids. vol. 3 (4).
- (2018) Discovering Thermoelectric Materials Using Machine Learning: Insights and Challenges. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 11139 LNCS.
- (2017) A step towards reduced order modelling of flow characterized by wakes using Proper Orthogonal Decomposition. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Demonstrating the impact of bidirectional coupling on the performance of an ocean-met model. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Influence of Tip Speed Ratio on Wake Flow Characteristics Utilizing Fully Resolved CFD Methodology. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 854:012043.
- (2017) Quasi-Static & Dynamic Numerical Modeling of Full Scale NREL 5MW Wind Turbine. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Methodology for assessing cycling comfort during a smart city development. Energy Procedia. vol. 122.
- (2017) A full-scale 3D Vs 2.5D Vs 2D analysis of flow pattern and forces for an industrial-scale 5MW NREL reference wind-turbine. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Near wake region of an industrial scale wind turbine: comparing LES-ALM with LES-SMI simulations using data mining (POD). Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 854:012044.
- (2017) Industrial scale turbine and associated wake development-comparison of RANS based Actuator Line Vs Sliding Mesh Interface Vs Multiple Reference Frame method. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2016) Wake modeling in complex terrain using a hybrid Eulerian-Lagrangian Split Solver. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 753 (8).
- (2016) Numerical benchmarking of fluid–structure interaction: An isogeometric finite element approach. Ocean Engineering. vol. 124.
- (2016) Flow characterization in Complex Terrain for Aviation Safety. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology.
- (2016) Numerical analysis of NREL 5MW wind turbine: a study towards a better understanding of wake characteristic and torque generation mechanism. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 753 (3).