Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Understanding loss mechanisms: The key to successful drilling in depleted reservoirs?. SPE Drilling & Completion. vol. 35 (2).
- (2020) Can Heating Induce Borehole Closure?. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 53.
- (2019) Push-out test: Why bother?. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 172.
- (2018) Stiff cement, soft cement: Nonlinearity, arching effect, hysteresis, and irreversibility in CO2-well integrity and near-well geomechanics. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 70.
- (2018) All microannuli are not created equal: Role of uncertainty and stochastic properties in well leakage prediction. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 79.
- (2017) Well integrity for CO2 injection from ships: Simulation of the effect of flow and material parameters on thermal stresses. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 62.
- (2017) Numerical modeling of non-Newtonian fluid flow in fractures and porous media. Computational Geosciences. vol. 21 (5-6).
- (2017) Fracture permeability under normal stress: a fully computational approach. Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) Failure modes in three-point bending tests of cement-steel, cement-cement and cement-sandstone bi-material beams. Construction and Building Materials. vol. 152.
- (2016) Novel experimental/numerical approach to evaluate the permeability of cement-caprock systems. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 45.
- (2016) Numerical Mechanics and Rock Engineering. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 49 (4).
- (2015) Flow of truncated power-law fluid between parallel walls for hydraulic fracturing applications. Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics. vol. 223.
- (2015) Numerical Modelling of Extended Leak-Off Test with a Pre-Existing Fracture. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 49 (4).
- (2015) Structure and debonding at cement–steel and cement–rock interfaces: Effect of geometry and materials. Construction and Building Materials. vol. 96.
- (2014) Radial Flow of Non-Newtonian Power-Law Fluid in a Rough-Walled Fracture: Effect of Fluid Rheology. Transport in Porous Media. vol. 105 (3).
- (2013) Numerical modeling of steady-state flow of a non-Newtonian power-law fluid in a rough-walled fracture. Computers and geotechnics. vol. 50.
- (2013) Redirection and channelization of power-law fluid flow in a rough-walled fracture. Chemical Engineering Science (CES). vol. 99.
- (2006) Modeling flow of a biviscous fluid from borehole into rock fracture. Journal of applied mechanics. vol. 73 (1).
- (2006) Newtonian fluid flow from an arbitrarily-oriented fracture into a single sink. Acta Mechanica. vol. 186 (74).
- (2003) The Kaiser effect in rocks: principles and stress estimation techniques. International Journal of Rock Mechanics And Mining Sciences. vol. 40 (2).
- (2002) Observation of post-failure Kaiser effect in a plastic rock. Pure and Applied Geophysics (PAGEOPH). vol. 159 (6).
- (2002) Theoretical treatment of tangential loading effects on the Brazilian test stress distribution. International Journal of Rock Mechanics And Mining Sciences. vol. 39 (2).
- (2002) Acoustic emission in host-rock material for radioactive waste disposal: comparison between clay and rock salt. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. vol. 61 (4).
- (2002) Experimental and numerical study of the Kaiser effect in cyclic Brazilian tests with disk rotation. International Journal of Rock Mechanics And Mining Sciences. vol. 39 (3).
- (2002) Acoustic emission during monotonic and cyclic deformation of a brittle limestone. Journal of Acoustic Emission. vol. 20.
- (2001) Memory effects in rock salt under triaxial stress state and their use for stress measurement in a rock mass. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 34 (4).
- (2001) Kaiser effect observation in brittle rock cyclically loaded with different loading rates. Mechanics of materials (Print). vol. 33 (11).
- (2016) Life of Rocks and its Study. 3rd Edition. 2016. ISBN 978-5-89522-394-9.
- (2016) Lost Circulation: Mechanisms and Solutions. Elsevier. 2016. ISBN 9780128039168.
- (2016) Physics and Mechanics of Primary Well Cementing. Springer. 2016. ISBN 978-3-319-43164-2.
- (2004) Acoustic Emission Memory Effect in Rocks. 2004. ISBN 5-7418-0312-1.
- (1997) Memory Effects in Rocks. 1997. ISBN 5-7892-0012-5.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Coupling in hydraulic fracturing simulation. Porous Rock Fracture Mechanics with Application to Hydraulic Fracturing, Drilling and Structural Engineering.