Ali Shariq Imran
Background and activities
Ali Shariq Imran obtained his Ph.D. from University of Oslo (UiO), Norway in Computer Science and a Masters in Software Engineering and Computing from National University of Science & Technology (NUST), Pakistan. He specializes in applied research with a focus on deep learning technology and its application to images, videos, speech, and semantic web.
- Deep Learnig
- Speech analysis
- Image and video analysis
- Contextual and semantic understanding, segmentation, object identification, OCR and tracking
- video learning objects, LMS, and MOOC
- Semantic Web & OSN
- Board member, HCI International Conference on Social Computing and Social Media.
- IEEE member, Norway section.
- Effectiveness of Search Engine and Social Networking Data in healthcare Systems - Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics (JMIHI) - Link
- Software Standards and Their Impact in Reducing Software Failures - IEEE Access - Link
- IMT 4451 - Coding and compression of media data, Master level.
- IMT 4062 - Project Management & Software Engineering, Master level.
- IMT 1471 - Web Project 1, Bachelor level.
- HEC scholorship holder
- UIUC scholarship holder under Faculty Development Program
- Best Paper award: "Analysis of Online Social Networks Posts to Investigate Suspects Using SEMCON", HCI Intl., Los Angeles, California, USA, 2015.
- IDG1011 - Front-end web development
- PROG2007 - Mobile Programming
- IIKG1002 - Front-end web development
- IMT4807 - Integration Project
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) A deep learning approach for brain tumor classification using MRI images. Computers & electrical engineering. vol. 101.
- (2022) Attention-Based RU-BiLSTM Sentiment Analysis Model for Roman Urdu. Applied Sciences. vol. 12 (7).
- (2022) A Systematic Literature Review on Text Generation Using Deep Neural Network Models. IEEE Access. vol. 10.
- (2022) The impact of synthetic text generation for sentiment analysis using GAN based models. Egyptian Informatics Journal. vol. 23 (3).
- (2022) Sentiment Polarity and Emotion Detection from Tweets Using Distant Supervision and Deep Learning Models. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 1351.
- (2022) An Automated Approach for Analysing Students Feedback Using Sentiment Analysis Techniques. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 1543.
- (2022) Depression Screening in Humans With AI and Deep Learning Techniques. IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems.
- (2021) School of the Future: A Comprehensive Study on the Effectiveness of Augmented Reality as a Tool for Primary School Children’s Education. Applied Sciences. vol. 11 (11).
- (2021) Evaluating Polarity Trend Amidst the Coronavirus Crisis in Peoples’ Attitudes toward the Vaccination Drive. Sustainability. vol. 13 (10).
- (2021) The Potential of Machine Learning Algorithms for Sentiment Classification of Students’ Feedback on MOOC. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems. vol. 296.
- (2021) Anomaly Based Camera Prioritization in Large Scale Surveillance Networks. Computers, Materials and Continua (CMC). vol. 70 (2).
- (2021) Sentiment Analysis of Students’ Feedback with NLP and Deep Learning: A Systematic Mapping Study. Applied Sciences. vol. 11 (9).
- (2021) Multiclass skin cancer classification using ensemble of fine-tuned deep learning models. Applied Sciences. vol. 11 (22).
- (2021) An Adaptive Game-Based Learning Strategy for Children Road Safety Education and Practice in Virtual Space. Sensors. vol. 21.
- (2021) Dynamic application partitioning and task-scheduling secure schemes for biosensor healthcare workload in mobile edge cloud. Electronics. vol. 10 (22).
- (2021) The Impact of Translating Resource-Rich Datasets to Low-Resource Languages Through Multi-Lingual Text Processing. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) Human action recognition using attention based LSTM network with dilated CNN features. Future generations computer systems. vol. 125.
- (2021) Game-based digital quiz as a tool for improving students’ engagement and learning in online lectures. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) Bloom’s Learning Outcomes’ Automatic Classification Using LSTM and Pretrained Word Embeddings. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) Towards Improved Classification Accuracy on Highly Imbalanced Text Dataset Using Deep Neural Language Models. Applied Sciences. vol. 11 (2).