Background and activities
I am a researcher at the Centre for Biodiversity Dynamics (CBD).
My research focuses mainly on population ecology.
I have a particular interest in combining theoretical modeling and empirical data analysis to improve our understanding of nature and how to preserve it. I strive to uncover the mechanisms behind patterns seen in natural populations, particularly in relation to stochastic population dynamics, and to improve our ability to understand those patterns from limited data.
I am currently leading a work package in the SUSTAIN project, studying effects of environmental stochasticity on multi-species harvested systems.
My publication list on Google scholar.
My profile on ResearchGate.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Contrasting effects of summer and winter warming on body mass explain population dynamics in a food-limited Arctic herbivore. Global Change Biology. vol. 23 (4).
- (2016) Demographic buffering of life histories? Implications of the choice of measurement scale. Ecology. vol. 97 (1).
- (2015) An integrated population model for a long-lived ungulate: more efficient data use with Bayesian methods. Oikos. vol. 124 (6).
- (2012) Evidence of inbreeding depression but not inbreeding avoidance in a natural house sparrow population. Molecular Ecology. vol. 21 (6).
- (2011) The influence of persistent individual differences and age at maturity on effective population size. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 278 (1722).
- (2011) Demographic Stochasticity, Allee Effects, and Extinction: The Influence of Mating System and Sex Ratio. American Naturalist. vol. 177 (3).
- (2010) FIXATION OF SLIGHTLY BENEFICIAL MUTATIONS: EFFECTS OF LIFE HISTORY. Evolution. vol. 64 (4).
- (2008) Understanding mating systems: A mathematical model of the pair formation process. Theoretical Population Biology. vol. 73.
- (2011) Stochastic Modeling of Mating Systems and their Effect on Population Dynamics and Genetics. 2011.