Background and activities
Main research area: high resolution numerical modelling of turbulent and reactive flows using direct numerical simulation (DNS).
- BIGH2/Phase III (2018-->2021) - Research, development and demonstration of hydrogen/ammonia-fired aero-derivative gas turbine combustors for off-shore applications. Funded by CLIMIT Demo, Siemens and Equinor. Role: Project Manager.
- NCCS/Task 5 (2017-->2024) - Fundamental aspects of hydrogen combustion and flame stabilization by auto-ignition in reheat combustion system (e.g. Ansaldo Energia's H-class GT36). Funded by NCCS Consortium (FME). Role: Project Manager of Task 5 (gas turbines).
- DiHI-Tech (2018-->2021) - Research and development of a distributed hydrogen injection system for gas turbine combustion applications. Funded by CLIMIT R&D. Role: Project Manager.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Influence of gas expansion on the propagation of a premixed flame in a spatially periodic shear flow. Combustion and Flame. vol. 227.
- (2021) Response of Autoignition-Stabilized Flames to One-Dimensional Disturbances: Intrinsic Response. Journal of Engineering For Gas Turbines and Power.
- (2021) Direct Numerical Simulation of hydrogen combustion at auto-ignitive conditions: Ignition, stability and turbulent reaction-front velocity. Combustion and Flame. vol. 229.
- (2021) Curvature effects on NO formation in wrinkled laminar ammonia/hydrogen/nitrogen-air premixed flames. Combustion and Flame. vol. 232.
- (2020) Development and validation study of a 1D analytical model for the response of reheat flames to entropy waves. Combustion and Flame. vol. 222.
- (2020) Direct numerical simulation of spray droplet evaporation in hot turbulent channel flow. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 160.
- (2020) Computational analysis of premixed methane-air flame interacting with a solid wall or a hydrogen porous wall. Fuel. vol. 272.
- (2020) A comparison of the blow-out behavior of turbulent premixed ammonia/hydrogen/nitrogen-air and methane–air flames. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute.
- (2019) Direct numerical simulation of flame stabilization assisted by autoignition in a reheat gas turbine combustor. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute. vol. 37 (2).
- (2019) A skeletal mechanism for prediction of ignition delay times and laminar premixed flame velocities of hydrogen-methane mixtures under gas turbine conditions. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 44 (33).
- (2019) An updated short chemical‐kinetic nitrogen mechanism for carbon‐free combustion applications. International Journal of Energy Research. vol. 4 (2).
- (2018) Direct numerical simulations of premixed and stratified flame propagation in turbulent channel flow. Physical Review Fluids. vol. 3 (11).
- (2018) Premixed hydrogen-air flames interacting with a hydrogen porous wall. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 43 (7).
- (2018) NOX formation in oxy-fuel combustion of lignite in a bubbling fluidized bed – Modelling and experimental verification. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 76.
- (2017) Computation of three-dimensional three-phase flow of carbon dioxide using a high-order WENO scheme. Journal of Computational Physics. vol. 348.
- (2016) Identifying turbulent structures through topological segmentation. Communications in Applied Mathematics and Computational Science. vol. 11 (1).
- (2015) Modeling of mean flame shape during premixed flame flashback in turbulent boundary layers. Symposium, International, on combustion. vol. 35 (2).
- (2015) Effect of fuel composition and differential diffusion on flame stabilization in reacting syngas jets in turbulent cross-flow. Combustion and Flame. vol. 162 (10).
- (2014) Direct numerical simulation of laminar flame-wall interaction for a novel H2-selective membrane/injector configuration. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 39 (11).
- (2014) GHGT-12 Performance of the IGCC with distributed feeding of H2 in the gas turbine burner. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.