Background and activities
I am interested in mechanisms of materials degradation on the atomic and molecular scale, and how these affect macroscopic systems behaviour.
To get some idea of the work in our group, check out our publications.
2015-now: Professor in Corrosion and Interface Chemistry, NTNU
2007-2015: Group leader of the Interface Spectroscopy Group at the Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung, Düsseldorf, Germany
2006-2007: Postdoc in the Bio-Nano-Group, Institute of Physics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
2004-2006: Postdoc in the Molecular and Nanoscale Physics Group, School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leeds, UK
2002-2004: Doctoral student in the Department of Colloid Chemistry, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam-Golm, Germany
1997-2001: Student of chemistry at the chemistry department, Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg, Halle(Saale), Germany; Diploma in physical chemistry
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Cyclodextrins as carriers for organic corrosion inhibitors in organic coatings. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 164 (4).
- (2017) The role of vacancy condensation for the formation of voids in rutile TiO2 nanowires. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. vol. 9.
- (2017) Role of molybdenum in corrosion of iron-based alloys in contact with hydrogen sulfide containing solution. Materials and corrosion - Werkstoffe und Korrosion. vol. 68.
- (2017) Effect of order and disorder on degradation processes of copper phthalocyanine nanolayers. Synthetic metals. vol. 223.
- (2017) Charge transfer quantification in a SnOx/CuPc semiconductor heterostructure: investigation of buried interface energy structure by photoelectron spectroscopies. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 19.
- (2017) Comparison of cathodic delamination of poly(n-alkyl methacrylates) on iron. Materials and corrosion - Werkstoffe und Korrosion. vol. 68.
- (2017) Electrode potential dependent desolvation and resolvation of germanium(100) in contact with aqueous perchlorate electrolytes. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 19.
- (2017) 10 nm deep, sub-nanoliter fluidic nanochannels on germanium for attenuated total reflection infrared (ATR-IR) spectroscopy. The Analyst. vol. 142 (2).
- (2017) State of the surface of antibacterial copper in phosphate buffered saline. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 164 (12).
- (2017) In situ and operando observation of surface oxides during oxygen evolution reaction on copper. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 236.
- (2017) Proteinadsorption auf Edelstahl in der Lebensmittelindustrie - Gibt es Wege zu foulingresistenten Oberflächen?. Stahl und Eisen (1881). vol. 137 (7).
- (2016) Waterborne chitosan-epoxysilane hybrid pretreatments for corrosion protection of zinc. Biointerphases. vol. 11 (2).
- (2016) Raman spectroscopy of mackinawite FeS in anodic iron sulfide corrosion products. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 163 (6).
- (2016) Mechanism of the potential-triggered surface transformation of germanium in acidic medium studied by ATR-IR spectroscopy. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 18 (36).
Part of book/report
- (2017) How to probe structure, kinetics and dynamics at complex interfaces in situ and operando by optical spectroscopy. Encyclopedia of Interfacial Chemistry: Surface Science and Electrochemistry; part of "Reference Module in Chemistry, Molecular Sciences and Chemical Engineering".
- (2017) Sour Gas Corrosion—Corrosion of Steels and Other Metallic Materials in Aqueous Environments Containing H2S. Encyclopedia of Interfacial Chemistry: Surface Science and Electrochemistry; part of "Reference Module in Chemistry, Molecular Sciences and Chemical Engineering".
- (2016) Time-dependent water uptake in a polymer model coating visualized by FTIR microscopy using a focal plane array detector. Light, Energy and the Environment.
- (2016) Structural Dynamics Study of Hydration Shells on n-Ge(100) in Aqueous Solution with Electrochemical Control. Light, Energy and the Environment.